4 males!! Living together

Saveanimalsx

Post   » Wed May 23, 2018 9:57 am

Hello :) I have owned guinea pigs for a while now and i started off with two beautiful boys who are very relaxed guinea pigs ones very dominant and the other not so much ... yesterday I made the choice to rescue 2 baby males who was not being looked after at all :( one is so skittish .. he is even scared of his "brother" he is very nice but so anxious ... And the other one is not so bad but it is very clear they have had no real life :( I want to give them the best life possible :) ... my first two boys are in a massive hutch indoors ... for now the new boys are going into a big cage (I don't agree with pet shop cages but this one is amazing ) this is only until I get a big c&c cage built ... I know it's not always recommended to keep boys together but I've heard of people who do successfully keep an all male group (not many) if they had the right cage big enough for all four would they all be fine together? or would I have to partition the cage and keep them in pairs ? I just want the best for them:)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed May 23, 2018 10:18 am

You'll have no idea whether it will work until the babies hit puberty. The chances that it will work are NOT in your favor. You should be prepared for the fact that you may need two or even three cages to house them all.

Four males need a HUGE cage -- at least 16 square feet, and more is better.

JX4

Post   » Wed May 23, 2018 11:58 am

Starting from babies you have a shot, though. But like bpatters said, be prepared for it not to work once they hit puberty.

If they can make it through puberty, though, you might be OK. But they will need a huge amount of space.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Please avoid using ellipses (multiple periods in a row). They make reading your post difficult.

MathewCox

Post   » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:44 pm

I really suggest you to not keep them together for too long, they can be very aggressive, I am telling you by my experience