Two females need new home in WA state

eadeenay

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Hello!

We will be moving overseas and I don't want to put my pigs through the stress of such a big move. I am looking to re-home two females (6 + 4) years old, including indoor cage and outdoor habitat.

Piggie is a grey/white Abyssinian, 6 year old, healthy girl. She is quite friendly. She is curious and pretty confident.

Lotte is a tricolor American girl, 4 years old, and also very healthy. She is more shy, but she would become more friendly, if handfed.

They come with an indoor cage, water bottle, hay, bedding, outside hutch with wire to extend the grasing area.

Rehoming fee is $40.

I'm near Tacoma, and am willing to travel a short distance. I can bring the piggies (without outside hutch), to Montana, as we are visiting family.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Good luck finding a good home for them!

Generally speaking, we do not recommend keeping guinea pigs outside. Keeping them inside almost all the time but outside under supervision in clement weather (always with shade and water available) can work.

If you have a photo account somewhere, you could upload your photos to that account and use image tags to display them.
Fliker and imgur are two hosts that work well.

eadeenay

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 pm

I am German, and it is common practice to have guineas outside during the summer or year round. That's why I mentioned the habitat. 😊

I do not have a picture account.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Washington state can get cold and hot. In the states, it is proper practice to keep them inside. Since guinea pigs here are pets, being able to interact with them easily is one of the great benefits of having them inside. It is also easier to catch illnesses before they become serious.

eadeenay

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:55 am

I totally understand. I am just sharing my experience. And weather in Germany is equal to WA state. We have guineas out in snow. But it's under special circumstances. And pigs are seen as watch pets. Not necessarily pet pets. I totally agree, that it is great to have them inside.

eadeenay

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:00 am

This is an example of an outside habitat in Germany. The house is insulated. I am not saying, that this is the best way to keep pigs. Each community has their own way. And I understand, that you don't recommend it.

https://goo.www.guinealynx.info//oaGp2w

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:18 am

I currently have 3 girls in a 2X6 cage with lid. They are very loved and well cared for. I think I could talk my husband in to taking on 2 more. :o) So far the only thing he has ever refused me was a dog, hahaha. I have room for another cage if that becomes necessary.

I live down in Chehalis, and would need you to bring them to me. I'm not interested in the outdoor cage. I don't mind the rehoming fee if you can bring them to me. I don't drive and my husband doesn't like to drive to new places or I'd offer to come get them.

Give me a day to talk to my husband, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Turns out I didn't need a day. Husband says I can have them if I want them, but I need to keep in mind my own poor health. He's already started to help me with my cage of 3. He's definitely not crazy about having a second cage. I wish you good luck in finding a good home for your little ones. I would so love to have them, but he's already doing so much for me and mine, I don't feel I can ask him to take on another cage and 2 more guinea pigs.

I can't walk a straight line without falling over. I've had tests up the you-know-what. No one can find anything wrong. I walk with a definite lean to the left - also unknown cause. Nope, no stroke. When I go out I either have to hang on to him or use a walker. I'm down to only using oxygen at night and occasionally during the day. Which is a good thing. At least until the next fire season. I have a MedicAlert button I wear 24/7, but he still doesn't want me to shower unless he's here to check on me every 10 minutes.

If I was a horse, I'd be put down.

eadeenay

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Oh no. I hope they find the reason for your problems. Thank you for considering my piggies. 😘

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Hugs, GrannyJu1. I am so sorry you are dealing with all this.