Happy Adoption

ThatKat

Post   » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:09 pm

Here are 2 of the girls I adopted out to a WONDERFUL home. (This is the home where the daughter is allergic to them - she gets red welts on her arms when she holds them, but still holds them several times a day). I went to visit today and both girls are going great. Here's a picture of their cage, Cookie at Veggie time, and Melinda (now called Cupcake) and Cookie indulging in some veggies. Cupcake is very shy, so you can't see much of her.

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:25 pm

Congrats on the adoption.

betsa

Post   » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:04 pm

ThatKat, it should make you feel great to know that you made a difference in these the lives of these 2 girls!!
Great job!

ThatKat

Post   » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:55 pm

Well, more happy adoptions. Today I drove 2 and a half hours to a lady's house WAY out in the country. And it was worth it. I walk in the lady's house, and on her wall is a framed picture of one of her old guinea pigs. She also has a photo album full of NOTHING but guinea pigs that she used to own. She has a picture of one in a glass box because she had to put him on a nebulizer every day to help him breathe - he had some lung disorder - can't remember the name of it. And did I mention the guinea pig figurines in the china cabinet? Anyway, she adopted 4 girls AND gave me a donation, also. The girls are hardly ever in their cage - they are in the living room on a huge blanket surrounded by 2 wire "playpens" connected together all day long, then into their cage at night. The lady stays at home all day to care for her family so they will get plenty of love and attention. I feel so lucky that the girls found her.

Here are the girls "posing" just before I left.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:27 am

Good job, ThatKat.. Sounds like things are going well for you. Keep up the home visits!!

melcvt00

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:42 am

If they are willing to do it, monthly bathing with HyLyt (and a good blow-drying afterwards) will help cut down on those nasty welts. So will antihistamines. So will finding an allergiest and discussing allergy injections.

melcvt00

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:47 am

This page has a picture on it of what happens to my arms quite frequently.

ChadWPB

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:58 am

My wife's allergic to the piggies, always sneezing and such. She'd NEVER give up the piggies though. She's usually asking if we can get another.

ThatKat, the four piggies look really happy! It's great when that many pigs can be adopted out together.

ThatKat

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:38 pm

Thanks for the advice, mel! I had discussed antihistamines and stuff with them, but the welts really aren't bothering her. Of course, if they start getting worse or something, they will probably want to look into it.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:07 pm

Mel - that is one great piggie spa you run. Wow.

ThatKat - any news about Dawn, the sweetest little pup ever? I see her in my dreams! She needs a home that is willing to keep her fans updated.

ThatKat

Post   » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:07 am

Dawn is still here with me. But... Prangus is coming this weekend and maybe she will choose Dawn?!?

I tried to recreate the original Dawn photo where she fit perfectly into my hands, but the background was black and the lighting was off. Unfortunately, she won't fit in my hands anymore :-(

glade
Even Republicans Give!

Post   » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:12 am

I am in love with Dawn. I wish I was closer!! She's gotten so big, but she's as cute as ever.