Slim Shady

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:30 am

Slim Shady was a pig deserved the world but got crapped on. He was the spunkiest, most curious pig I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He was not afraid of humans, not even a bit. When he wanted someone, he stood right up to the grids and chatted away. If you ignored he, he didnt hesitate to bite the grids and rattle it. "Hey lady... over here...". He was also a very study, healthy pig. The only time he was ill was when he was mistreated by a foster. Some would say he was a dream pig. Not shy, wont run away, strong immune system. But somehow, no one wanted him. He bounced from foster home to foster home. In the back of my mine and Chary's mind, we always thought that a very special adopter would come alone, someone who would really appreciate him and love him. But life isnt always far and that never happened for Slim.

Now that he is gone, maybe this chronicle will finally gain him some of the attention and love he deserved. If not, at least a few other pig lovers can mourn for him with us.

I'm so sorry Slim. Why did I not just adopt you when I fostered you. You got along great with Rocky...

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:44 pm

Slim took care of my Wocky. He was Rocky's nanny. He taught him how to eat and how to drink. I remember Slim use to push Rocky up to the veggies. He made sure Rocky was munching away before he took a bite. Then he would scoot Rocky up to the water bottle a few times each day to made sure he drank.

When someone walked up to their C&C, he would stuff Rocky into a pigloo and stood outside of it. He'd look at you as if to say, "Yea? Can I help you?", like in that second picture. Look closely and you can see little Rocky in the back.

He was a very special, one of a kind pig. Why life was so shitty for him, I don't know.

Pigglies

Post   » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:35 pm

He really was an amazing pig... no other pig could be this relaxed at an event like the Pet Expo.

He had an attitude that no one could forget once they'd met him. Poor guy. He didn't deserve such a crappy beginning... or a crappy end. At least he had some good times with you and Rocky, and with some other fosters. But he had so much more left to live.

ottosmom

Post   » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:45 pm

What a precious big fellow he was. My condolences to all who knew him and are grieving for him now. I'm not much for words at a time like this. This is so heart breaking.

JodiMN

Post   » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:17 pm

Please know that our hearts are with you all!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:46 am

Oh. Poor piggie. He sounds like a sweetie pie. I've seen his pic on your website and petfinder. He looked like he knew he was well loved by your rescue group and foster parents if that is any condolence.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:55 am

Ok, I'm sorry. I feel stupid now. I just saw the other thread.

agatha

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:03 am

This has been a very bad week around here. Be well, Charybdis.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:11 am

What a beautiful guy. I'm so sorry.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:29 am

(Pigglies, is that the same pig? That one looks like it has some buff around his face, but Slim looked all white in the first ones CP posted.)

In any event, he was adorable. Poor little pig.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:24 pm

Same pig. He was younger when I had him. Slim was kind of an odd himi. A semi-himi.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:19 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about Slim, CP. He was a super guy.