Slim Shady

petit-filous

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:45 am

ChunkyPiggies I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Slim Shady sounds like such a darling. He's in a better place now, no doubt still his spunky little self and doting on other young piggies.

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:26 am

Chunky he was a doll. His lips are so cute. Sorry for your loss.

anglaz

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:58 pm

He was quite the cute character! Love the rooster tail. Poor Slim, you will be missed.

guins

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:57 pm

Oh no! Is this the same Slim Shady who was at the Family Pet Expo in Orange County a few months back? I held a white/cream male named Slim Shady. I just loved him. I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and Slim. I did a search and couldn't find a thread on what exactly happened.

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:11 pm

guins

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:44 pm

Thanks Brianna.

That makes me so sad. Poor Slim.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:04 am

Yes, Slim Shady was the memorable character at the Pet Expo. He sure did love attention... one of the coolest pigs ever. Definitely deserved better.

DaCourt

Post   » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:39 pm

I just posted this on the other link but I wanted to put it here too. I am sooooo sorry to hear about Slim and Frac.

I only met him once...at the Pet Expo. My daughter and I worked in the booth. She fell in love with Slim and played with him all day. After I compsed myself after reading this, ( I am at work balling my eyes out), I called my daughter and told her. She started crying and said she wanted to go hold her boys and break the news to them.

Now I really understand why your adoption process is so detailed. I know these were fosters, but I am sure you did just as much to ensure they were right. It just goes to show that people can fool you. Don't take it personally. You did nothing wrong. You made a call that you thought was right. Who really could have seen this character flaw in this foster family. I still can't beleive that they disposed of the bodies without telling you.

I can't stop crying, and I only met Slim the one time.

One idea for a memorial on the web site...how about a little slide show with music? Maybe ask for donations in his memory to help the other pigs in foster care.

28 posts