Johnny - RIP

Allysse

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:38 pm

Johnny was a special guinea pig. When he was first surrendered he was scared and didn't want to come out of his pigloo. But I noticed that he was very observant, because his head was always out of his pigloo looking around. When I took the pigloo out to get him to be more social, I could tell that he was upset. In time he learned he liked being able to see everything and seemed to take it up as his duty to know about things around him. He had an amazing personality and good looks.

Johnny had very long hair. It was soft and without rosettes. The roan was so beautiful, and he had agouti on his face. He had the cutest stripe of white down his forehead.

I fell in love with him, and wanted to keep him. I guess I got my wish, but in a horrible form. I remember an email I recieved from a friend a few days after I recieved him. "Bet the peruvian goes quick", the person was talking about being adopted but I can't help to feel it was some sort of foreshadowing because of how quickly he left me.

Johnny took a turn for the worse yesterday. He had lost 200 grams in about a week. I sat with him last night, shoving critical care into him 1 cc at a time. I brought him to the vet this morning. His diagnosis was that he had illeus, and he might have had a minor case of bronchitis. He died this afternoon at the vet's office.

I have a mixture of feelings. I blame myself even though everyone around me tells me I couldn't have done anything. I feel like I've failed him.

Johnny is finally able to rest in peace.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:21 pm

Poor little guy. I'm glad he had you on his side.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:27 pm

He is gorgeous. Sorry about your loss. Your feelings are normal and part of the grief process. There are a few more steps to get through it but I promise you'll be okay. Maybe when you're okay you'll consider opening your heart to another homeless piggy in his honor.

LER

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:37 pm

I'm so sorry. Poor Johnny! His face looks so much like my former foster Avalanche. ((((Allysse))))

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:51 pm

I'm sorry Allysse.

icesprite

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:16 pm

Oh crap. I saw a picture of Johnny on one of your adoptables threads and thought he was the coolest pig in the world. I am sorry that you lost him...

JodiMN

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:19 pm

Allysse, you have a beautiful heart and gave him a loving home! My heart is with you.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:20 am

I'm so sorry Allysse. Johnny looks like he was one cool pig. You do so much for these little guys. I admire you for your hard work.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:17 am

Johnny was beautiful. I'm so sorry.

ChadWPB

Post   » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:26 am

I'm so sorry, Allysse. He was a beautiful piggie.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:37 am

I'm so sorry. Johnny was a handsome pig.

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:39 am

He was a very handsome pig. I lost one of my pigs from an illeus, it can come on quick and happen so fast.

So sorry for your loss.