Snickers: We miss you

Carter B

Post   » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:34 am

A very special pig dear to Gizmo and I died in the early morning hours Friday. Snickers and his owner lived with me for a short period, but not without a special bond developing between the two of us. Snickers was my first experience with a guinea pig and he ultimately paved the way for guinea pigs to enter into my life. Shortly after Snickers and his owner left my home, I found Gizmo and provided him with a home, we continued to see Snickers off and on for a little over a year, but the visits became more and more sporatic as his owner and I didnt keep in touch as much. I received an IM from her on Thursday, November 25th, 2004 that Snickers was dying. When I asked what was wrong with him, she told me he had broken a tooth a while back and she didnt catch it till he started losing weight. Evidently, he went 2 weeks without eating and it ate his body up. I told her to get him to a vet. She started force feeding him a mash of his pellets and steamed carrots and he briefly began to eat on his own from what I was told, but then he quit again and couldnt even eat the mash and steamed carrots. She finally got him to the vet and they trimmed the insisiors (sp) and flushed his ears out, but it was too late for the little guy, he was lifeless when she brought him over for a last visit on Wedensday night. He died early Friday, Dec. 2nd, 2004. Deep in my heart, I know this tragedy could have had a different ending for a very sweet and loving peruvian, had actions been taken weeks ago. There is no doubt, he would still be here today, sharing his love. Of all the cavy's I have been around, he was probably the most people oriented cavy I have seen, he loved to be held and no one was a stranger to him. I wish I could have been responsible for his care, but given circumstances, I could only advise and lead to a positive outcome.

We love you Snickers. Thanks for the goodtimes and the joy you brought me in a difficult time in my life during your brief stay with me. We miss you very much lil fella.

Carter and Gizmo

Remembering Snickers ??? 2002/3 - Dec. 2nd, 2004

http://www.doominous.org/pigs/hosted/snickersmomsnickers.jpg

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:36 am

I am sorry he is gone. Sounds like a special guy.

JodiMN

Post   » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:13 pm

RIP Snickers Hook up with Scooter when you get over the rainbow - he was a special dude too!

tcarey
The Zen of Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:46 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. They sure do touch our hearts and souls, these little furry creatures.

Carter B

Post   » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:55 am

"I am so sorry for your loss. They sure do touch our hearts and souls, these little furry creatures."

Its been a week since Snickers left, even though he didnt live with me his presence was strong and I miss knowing hes around. Im still bothered by the fact his owner didnt act sooner, the fact this shouldnt have happened makes it more depressing....sigh.

By the way, I want to give a special thanks to Salana for hosting his picture for me on her website.

Carter

punalei

Post   » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:47 pm

Accept my sympathines.

btw, he looks exactly like my Snickers. But mine is a girl.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1