The Four Little Orphans

Quiet Things

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:42 pm

A couple of weeks ago I began to foster my first foster pigs ever. Four three day old piggies.
Their mum had died possibly from retaining a placenta though I'm not to sure on that. They had barely fed from her and were three furry skinny boney lumps that barely had a voice.

Well as the three hourly feeds went on I began to get to know each of them, there was Jack the biggest, who screamed until he got his food. And his twin Failure to Thrive who was the smallest of the four but had the biggest personality. Then there was the opposite set of twins, Kinker a white black and brown boy and Gizmo the only known fmale of the foursome who just zoomed everywhere.

As they got stronger they figured out that if they wanted they could escape from the cage and I would often get up in the morning to find them running around the floor. However this story is sad as well as happy and one morning I got up to feed them and they didnt greet me instead I opened the lid of the cage and found that my little Failure to Thrive had just stopped trying. I was devestated. But there was still Kinker, Gizmo and Jack to think about so I went at it and played with them and fed them and they kept growing and screaming for food. But them Kinker became ill and also passed away very quickly. Somehwere in one of the forums I told his story. Gizmo was devestated this time, they had been so close. I'm not sure if guinea pigs can die of broken hearts but I think thats what happened to Gizmo. After kinker died she went from a screaming bouncy ball guinea pig to a subdued fluff ball. She died today.

I still have my screaming Jack and I love him to bits, I have given him a guinea pig foster mummy to cuddle and he loves her to bits right now. He doesn't try to escape any more his foster piggy doesnt allow it, Cloud is his new best friend and they like to huddle and eat. Soon Jack will be as fat as she is!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:02 am

Unless she's spayed, he'll have to be separated from her in a few days. I'm sorry about the other babies dying.

Quiet Things

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:57 am

She's spayed, I'm not taking risks with her. She had an accidental pregnancy and was very ill after giving birth. None of her babies survived. So we had her spayed so that wouldn't happen again.

princessalaisha

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:35 am

Im sorry of the loss of your little ones