I lost my Claire

Gary M houchens

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:21 am

Yesterday I noticed Claire wasn't herself ,she was just staying in her hut and wouldn't come out for food.

So I took her to the vet, I couldn't stay because I had to pick up my kids from school. When the vet called he said that she passes away while she had been getting treatment .

I never noticed that she was sick till yesterday. There was no mess in her cage to show me that anything was wrong.

She was a all white Guinea that I rescued from a lab.
I loved that little white face with those big red eyes.
I only had her 1 year 7months 12 days.
She was so spoiled

I have moved her cagemate Pepper in with Ebby so she won't be lonely.
Things never stop or slow down her because I still have 14 more Guineas to care for.
I am So Sad

michiganangel72
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:31 am

I'm so sorry, Gary. Rest in peace, Claire.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:56 am

I'm so sorry, Gary. I don't think anyone realizes how these little pigs make such a big place in our hearts, but they sure do.

JodiMN

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:25 am

I'm sorry for you lose, Gary!

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:01 am

I am sorry, Gary.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:30 am

I'm sorry you lost her but at least she got rescued and got to know your love! I hope you find comfort in that even though her life was way too short.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:17 am

I'm so sorry about Claire. You gave her a wonderful life of love with you and your pig (and human) family.

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:57 am

I am so sorry she is gone.

princessalaisha

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:33 am

im sorry fo your loss

Gary M houchens

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:15 pm

I buried Claire up on the hill in back of our house

next to Molly and Mocha. (So she won't be lonely.)

Pepper, Claires cage mate is doing fine with Ebby .

Thank You All again for you kindness

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:26 am

Sorry for your loss.

You had the pig 1 year 7 months? Really? That long? Is that a typo?

Seansfamily

Post   » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:20 pm

May Claire rest in peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

piggielover

Post   » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:29 pm

So sorry to hear you lost her. She must have been a special pig.
Take care

SheenaM

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:41 pm

Crappy :( I lost my Harley early this morning after taking him to the vet... it sucks, never imagined it would be this upsetting.

jpjhooper
Peyton made me do it.

Post   » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:06 am

New pig owner. Only 1 month with one and 4 days with another. I feel if I lost either one tomorrow it would be a huge loss to the family.

Good luck to you and the rest of your piggie family.

Electra

Post   » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:11 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. We never get long enough time, do we? She was very fortunate to have you. She sounds very loved.

JoeyPR

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:51 pm

Im very sorry for your loss!!!

Jenny Mc

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:52 am

I completely empathise with your loss, we found my Harry dead in his cage on Monday morning. He was a bit quiet the day before but we didn't think too much of it! i'm so sad! wish i had paid closer attention but it was my fiance's turn to feed them and he didn't notice anything else out of the ordinairy. Thing is i'm worried about Ronnie his cage mate. They have been together since I got them which is a year ago now. Since Monday Ronnie has been quiet, slow to eat and definitely not himself. I'm worried he is missing Harry and will die of lonliness :-( I have no other pigs to put him in with and have had him indoors since it happened. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:24 pm

Do you keep your pigs outside? I would adopt a young male for your Ronnie from a rescue. I am sorry you Harry is gone.

Jenny Mc

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:31 pm

I do keep them outside but they were in a sheltered location, shavings on the floor, straw and bedding in each of they're houses and i always covered them up as soon as it got dark to keep the cold out. Thank you for the advice I will seriously consider that. Any recommendations of where I should go to adopt? Thanks also for your kind words.

24 posts