Queen and Lola

Queen

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:06 pm

I'm new to this forum. I just thought I would share the story of my two girls, Queen and Lola.

In December of 2002, my friend's guinea pig, Cilly, gave birth to four beautiful pups. I had just gotten over the loss of my hamster, and I decided to adopt one of the pups once they were old enough. I fell in love with a tortoiseshell and white whom they named Calico. In January, I took her home and renamed her Queen. I didn't know much about guinea pigs, so I went online and found three superb info websites/forums. I learned so much about guinea pigs, and I found that I was doing a lot of things wrong! I built Queen a C&C cage, and decided to adopt her a pal.

My friend still had two of the babies (now a year and a half), and I said I would adopt one. I adopted Lola, a skittish gold and white piggy. She's warmed up to me nicely, and after a few days of "ice breaking", the pair of sisters are doing great! I've had them together now for about a month, and they're doing just fine.

Here's Queen:

Here's Lola:
Image[/img]

ElizaDaisy

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:55 pm

Hi there and welcome to the board.

Gorgeous piggies you have there. I love Queen's markings in particular.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Nifty colors. I take it you've closely examined the sexing pages on the net? It's always reassuring to know one does indeed have two same-sex pigs.

Queen

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:20 pm

Don't worry Lynx. I'm not new to cavies in anyway and I made absolute sure they were both girls. =)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:57 pm

Well, Queen, it's either that, or "their cage is too small" or "their nails are too long!" :-)

Consider it your baptism to Guinea Lynx. The girls are darling.

Queen

Post   » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:09 pm

Haha okay thanks Snow.

Speaking of nail clipping...just kidding. XD

Juliemarie

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:53 pm

Arent you also on Cavymadness? and didnt you have 3 piggies? where is the other?

Queen

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:07 pm

Juliemarie...erm, no I wasn't on Cavymadness. And I've only had 2 pigs. Sorry.

8 posts • Page 1 of 1