Thunder, Lightning and Pandora

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:23 am

Thank you. October 29th is the anniversary of my father's death, October 28th is the anniversary of the robbery. October is not an easy month for me.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:53 am

Momo, Tracis, Pandora now has adorable adult ears and pink adult toes. Lightning had pink ears and pink toes, too. When he had just got his toenails done it looked like a French manicure. His godmother thought they were the cutest things. She wanted to paint them, but did not take me up on my offer to let her cut them.

Pandora is probably the brightest of my pigs and definitely the weirdest. Lightning was no slouch in the brains department, either. I would not call Pippin stupid, but he is probably the least intelligent of the three. Still he is incredibly sensitive for such a big pig, and probably the most intuitive. The day Lightning died he was acting weird as all get-out. I should have sensed it.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:18 pm

That is quite a mental image - Pandora getting his French manicure. : )

Yes, I agree some pigs are smarter and more sensitive than others, and I have to end up with the dimmer ones... : (

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:40 pm

I have never met any of yours, so there is no way of knowing.

Pippin's name was originally "Pippin" but I wanted to get something that went with Lightning, so one of my friends suggested "Thunder." I thought that really stupid, but it was so bad it was good. Also, one of my co-workers said he looked like a little thundercloud. And he drinks and pees like a little thundercloud. When Lightning died I couldn't bear the thought of another Lightning. I guess I could have named Pandora "White Lightning."

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 pm

Case in point: the story of Pippin and the bug. One evening Pippin was walking along in the hallway and a big beatle-looking bug crawled into his path. It was like watching a very tiny, slow-moving trainwreck.

Terrible pig person that I am, I watched to see what happened next. Pippin walked directly over the bug, which crawled out from under him, completely unhurt. Both kept going on in their intended directionj. I am told piggies don't see well and that was the reason for it.

piggielips

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:37 pm

I love this sentence "It was like watching a very tiny, slow-moving trainwreck."

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 pm

Like a train wreck, I could not stop watching it. I felt like a terrible cavy mom. Fortunately it was a very big bug and Pippin is a very big pig.

This could be baby Pandora's long-lost brother, Diablo. He is her size, shape and age and they both came from Virginia:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/ ... ingHay.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/ ... Diablo.jpg

This is the DC Pignic where they met. I could kick myself for not getting any pictures:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/DCPignics/

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Pippin doesn't sound like he is easily flustered!

Those are wonderful pictures. I never get tired of cute piggies. :)

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:18 pm

I love hearing your story, Jane! The Pip vs. Bug incident sounds hilarious!

I remember how amazed you were at the similarities between Diablo and Pandora. The only difference is that Diablo has an extraordinarily pointy nose.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:08 am

Yes, Tracis, I would say Pippin is probably the least easily fazed pig I've ever had. Pandora is the spazziest.

I have to admit none of the piggies in the DC pignic pictures belong to me.

Two other notable differences between Pandora and Diablo -- the grease gland (duh) and Diablo's seems to have more changeable ears.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:38 am

Ah, yes. Diablo's amazing ears. They were really red in some of the pignic photos! I guess he was just really excited to meet all the new piggies.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:52 am

How is Diablo?

Some piggies just have ears like that. I think Salana's Einstein did. Lightning and Pandora both have/had pale pink ears but they didn't change as much as Einstein's or Diablo's.