A Fresh Beginning

cavys-R-forever

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:54 pm

In my first entry, I had said I wanted two girls. I actually didn't find the girls myself. A friend of mine who works for Welcome Wagon, had a contract with a pet store owner. She pnoned me from outside the store on her cell phone and said she found some beautiful black guinea pigs and wanted me to look at them. I met her there even though I was wearing my tens machine.....I held one and my friend held the other ..... they didn't bite ...they just sat there quitely looking up at us with big black eyes. I fell in love immediately and I couldn't thank my friend enough for calling me and telling me about them.

I was told the girls were only three months old which meant they were born around the time Charlie passed away. Because I had Charlie for such a short time, I wanted the youngest babies I could find. I had been looking for about 1 1/2 months at every shelter and store, and didn't find what I was looking for....the soul connection.

I brought home " Charlie's Angels" and about 3 days afterwards I decided to check their bodies to see if there was a physical reason for the size difference between them (one was 100 grams or 3.5 oz larger). I found a lump on the smaller one...it was under her left jawbone and about half of the size of her little head. I was a bit panicked now. Because I wasn't satisfied with the vet I had for Charlie, I needed to find a new one...I found one in the yellow pages who specialized in pocket pets. Perfect !

I made an appointment for both girls to have a physical, but due to timing it would be a couple of days before we could be seen. I had to think fast......what names was I going to give them ? I didn't want to give them any old names.....The name had to mach the personality of the individual. The night before going to the vet, the names hit me in the head. I named one Heidi, because she really loved to tuck under my chin, my hair, get under my sweater, or find a sleeve to crawl into. She was constantly on the move for the next location to hide in. The other one who was the larger of the two, I named Harmony because she was so Zen every time I held her....I felt peace when holding her.

I didn't fully recognize the energy or prescence Charlie brought to my living room until he was gone. Until my girls arrived the room felt stagnant and cold. What a gift to have life residing on my living room coffee table again :)

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:45 pm

cavys-R-forever, I suggest you copy this to your original thread and I'll delete this one. In Cavy Chronicles it works best with one thread per person.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1