Isaac and Polly- A Love Story

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:46 pm

Isaac and Polly- A Love Story

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (Chula Vista), there lived a very special Guinea pig, named Isaac. Here is his story.

Because Isaac was born a very beautiful, adorable piggy, he was quickly bought by a pre-school in this land (Chula Vista). Unfortunately, the people at the pre-school did not know how to care for Isaac and let the little children abuse him.

Isaac was very, very sad and cried all day. Luckily, his piggy godmother, Fenella, came to the school and rescued Isaac. She brought him back to her magic kingdom of Wee Companions. There Isaac was well taken care of and loved for the first time in his life. He stayed there for 2 years because his piggy godmother (Fenella) loved him so much and wanted to be sure he found the perfect home.

One day in the spring, Isaac took a very long trip to another land far, far away (Manhattan Beach). His piggy godmother (Fenella) took him there to see if some very special person would adopt him. Isaac said a secret prayer to the Piggy God that he would finally have a perfect home of his own. While he was there, a little boy saw Isaac and told his mother he wanted him. But, his piggy godmother (Fenella) was very wise and said Isaac needed to go to an adult home.

Well, much to his surprise, Isaac was adopted by a lady from yet another country, far far away (Pasadena). Her name was Leslie and she knew nothing about Guinea Pigs, since she had only had rabbits, but she feel in love with Isaac and took him home.

Isaac loved his new home because it was nice and quiet and there were no children, although there were cats and rabbits. Isaac didn’t really have anything in common with the cats or rabbits but felt safe and secure in his new house (CC cage), in Leslie’s bedroom. Leslie told him how adorable he was and read to him every night.

Even though Isaac was very happy in his new home, he was lonely for other piggies. So, his new person, Leslie, set about finding Isaac a girl friend. She tried everywhere and even tried a little girl from one of the rescues. This little girl had just lost her mother and was afraid of Isaac. Poor Isaac, he didn’t know what he did wrong, but he couldn’t seem to find a girl friend.

Then right when Isaac had decided he would always be alone, and along came Polly. (Catchy title for a movie)

Polly was being cared for by another piggy godmother, Amanda. Polly’s mother had been left at a shelter where she had delivered Polly and her brothers. Amanda was able to find homes for the brother’s and her mother, but Polly had been still at the rescue. She really wanted a friend but didn’t want Amanda to feel bad because she wanted to go to a new home. She loved Amanda and Emma.

One beautiful, sunny day in the magical land of Cavy Love, Isaac met Polly met and it was love at first sight!

They came home to live in the land, far, far away (Pasadena) and share Isaac’s home. Polly redecorated it to her liking and chased Isaac around to keep him in shape. She learned to trust him not to take her food and they slept together in the wooden house every night. Isaac was amazed at how fast Polly can run and enjoyed her “popcorns”.

And to this day, they are living happily ever after!

The End!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Emma hearts Polly and Isaac!

This is why our house is full of pigs - I can only hope they all end up in such wonderful homes :-)

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:53 pm

How about pics of the happy couple?

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:40 pm

I couldn't figure out how to attach pictures.... I was told by several people that Guinea pigs like company, but sort of co-exist and don't really snuggle, like rabbits. Well, Polly and Isaac don't exactly snuggle, but they are in the same little house every night, touching, so that may be their version of a snuggle!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:32 pm

Send me the pics and I'll put them up for you :-)

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 09, 2006 8:39 pm

The happy couple:

Rai
Guinea Sunshine Forever

Post   » Tue May 09, 2006 10:08 pm

Is Isaac neutered or is Polly spayed? I didn't catch that in the story. Very cute pic!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 09, 2006 10:11 pm

So much more fun to put opposite sex pigs together, don't you think :-p

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue May 09, 2006 10:27 pm

Ah - I was wondering the same thing. But her profile indicates he's neutered.

I love the picture.

piggielips

Post   » Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 pm

mum - you BAD!

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Wed May 10, 2006 5:38 pm

I love this picture, a friend of mine took it last weekend in my back yard. Isaac is neutered, needless to say. He and Polly still sleep in the same house together and get along very well. Of course, when Polly chases Isaac around I think he wonders why this was a good idea.:) Isaac is so lucky to have found Polly! Thanks Mum!!

PIGGYMOMMY2

Post   » Thu May 11, 2006 8:41 am

Too cute! Hooray for a happy ending.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Thu May 11, 2006 8:58 am

Adorable picture!

Sparkles N Daisy

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:07 pm

LAWomans, I just read your chronicle -- too cute. Isaac is a big boy! And Polly Anna Princess absolutely looks in love with him. A true love story. I'm so glad I got to see them finally.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Such a heart-warming story.
But what you mean THE END?
I mean this should be like an installment to a series of mini-stories right?

Ps. I am sure Emma loves all the piggies that come through Mum's doors! : )

My5CrazyCavies

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm

That has got to be one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:04 pm

What a gorgeous picture! Polly and Isaac look so content and peaceful. A great story too!

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of the kind words. I will continue the story. Polly and Isaac are still an item. They live below Eloise and Muffin, who were wondering what that brown blur (Polly running laps and chirping), is who makes so much noise.

So, I decided to introduce Isaac and Polly to Eloise and Muffin a few weeks ago. I thought this would be a great idea....they could have a bigger cage, Polly could harass the other girls, Isaac would have 3 girls to stalk (except he has been neutered so long, I don't think he knows exactly why he is following them), you know all of those great ideas we have for our animal friends.

I put them all in a large x-pen, with several pigaloos, veggies, etc.
Isaac, Eloise and Muffin all hid out while Polly was the social butterfly and visited everyone. Things were definitely looking good.

I figured, even if they only visited together when I cleaned their cages, it would enhance their lives. And make it easier for me...Little did I know!

Mum had always said Polly got along with everyone, so this was encouraging. The following week, I repeated the process. Well, Isaac went visiting this time and Polly had a fit!! She attacked Eloise, who is twice her size! I had to separate them, so I put a divider between them so they could still see each other. Bad idea! Good grief, Polly went after Isaac and Muffin and Eloise started fighting. Who says animals don't get possessive?

Polly is still small and petite compared to the other pigs and is a chirper. She does this at 3:30 in the morning and keeps everyone awake, including me. She chases poor Isaac all over the place and reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean where the sailors are chasing the wenches, except the other way around. I think she adores Isaac, even though he is a bit slower and older and he is like a grumpy old man (like the one on Laugh In). Isaac enjoys watching Polly run laps around the cage as long as she isn't poking him in the butt and making him do it! They always sleep together.

Isaac likes to eat in the pigaloo so Polly can't take his food. Polly likes to rearrange the furniture which is a problem since she moves the pigaloo around when Isaac is napping (which is often) and he can't find the door. Ah, young love!!!

To be continued.....

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:44 am

LAWomans, you have such a charming way with words, and the way you described their love (or the lack of on Isaac's part) cracks me up. : )

Oh yeah, you have a attitude piggy there too!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:49 am

Isaac adores Polly. She's just a pain in the butt sometimes :-p

But they both love each other - and she will fight for her old guy!

32 posts