What To Do When A Guinea Pig Falls Into Your Lap

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 am

Oh. I'm so sorry you lost him.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 pm

I was so sad when you lost him, Bethie. What a handsome guinea pig he was.

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:51 pm

dear Bethie, your thread has been around for a long time, I remember reading it almost a year ago, I loved your guinea pigs, you give them so much love and character. So sorry about Toby....he is so so beautiful, still looks like a baby :') RIP

JadeMagpie

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope the move goes through smoothly and swiftly. Here's to looking forward soon. :)

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry Bethie. He was such a lovable "disapproving" pig. Rest well, sweet piggy. :(

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Toby was very handsome, and he had lots of happiness and love in your home.

It has been nearly two years since Sakura became a single pig, and she would like Max to know that although it is different, it is not all bad -- you do not need to share the veggies.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm sorry about Toby. Rest well sweet baby.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:13 pm

I am so sorry aboot Toby..
He was such a cute little boy.
Wishing you the very best on your move, and once things settles down, hopefully a new buddy will be in plans.

I am so sorry Bethie..

Kumagoro
Supporter since 2011

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:39 pm

I am so sorry to hear of Toby's passing.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 pm

So sorry for your loss of Toby. I had enjoyed reading about him and Max and looking at their pics. He was a handsome pig.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 am

Thanks, folks. It's been really hard. Many of you know the pain of having a pig go in for an x-ray and not come home.

Max is seemingly fine. I think he likes not having to eat all of his grass at once. And he likes not being snapped at. He was demanding breakfast this morning as soon as I got up.

On the previous page are their birthday pics and Toby looks so good. He really did go down fast.

clairey

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:05 am

I'm sorry, Bethie, he was a lovely little man.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:46 am

So very sorry, Bethie. =(

RIP Toby
God Speed Good Pig

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm so sorry. It seems unfair to have had such a happy celebration just a little while ago, and now this. I hope Max continues to be content and gets through your move ok.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:58 pm

I love Max dearly, but he is really having a Berno-moment, or a Mojo-moment. I asked him if wanted a bikkie. He chomped his teeth at me like he does when he's thinking, "Yes! I want treats, but man, I do NOT want to get out of bed."

I wafted the open treat bag at him and sat next to his flat. Eventually, he couldn't resist the smell and came downstairs begging at the 'treat station.' Um. Max. Nobody's sitting there. I'm over here--to your left--BEHIND you! You have to come to me to get a bikkie!

You could see the lightbulb over his head when he realised that I had the bikkies. He ran over to get one from me. And when he finished it, he went back over to the treat station. I had to remind him that I'm the one who gives him biscuits. They don't just fall from the sky at the end of his flat.

He's definitely low-wattage. (He's had some hay and a drink and is looking for a treat over there again!) Bless.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Awe. Max is just special.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:53 am

I am so sorry!!
I had to remind him that I'm the one who gives him biscuits. They don't just fall from the sky at the end of his flat.
ROFL!!!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Max and I had another discussion this morning.
"WHEEEEKKK Wheek Wheek Wheek!" (I demand Breakfast!!!!)

"Max, that wilted lettuce from last night that is still in your dish is £ 1.39/head organic batavia lettuce. It's very nice. And rather expensive."

"Whurp, whurp, whurp, whurp. WHEEEEEEK!!! WHEEEK!! Whurp. Whurp." (I don't give a whurp about the price of tea in China! I WANT BREAKFAST!! Why don't you go outside and cut some bloomin' grass already.)

"I'm sorry Max, but since the drain was blocked, there is sewage all over the back garden and you'll have to wait until it's edible again."

"Whurp, whurp, whurp." (What about the front garden? Stop being so lazy and cut me some breakfast.)

"Fine. I'll get some from the front."

There really is no doubt as to who is in charge in this house. When Toby used to wheek at Dad, he would just tell him to shut up. NOW, when Max wheeks at Dad, Dad asks if Max has been fed and suggests that someone drop everything and feed him immediately. I worry that Max's little toes will turn blue and drop off from having people wrapped so tightly around them!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh, blobby Max! You have your slaves very well trained! :)

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Max is a firm subscriber to the Eagle Protection Plan (tm). We've had a beautiful weekend and it including lounging in the garden. Without Toby to guide him, Max is very nervous about being in the dangerous wilds of the garden.

Max has double protection with wire mesh AND a cozy sack.

Now, when the sparrows start twittering and the blackbirds are arguing, all that noise can get pretty scary! Max kept burring back, so Bekah decided he needed the safety of the Biggest Predator on the Block!

So she has a guinea pig in her house coat. He kept peeking out the hem, turning around and running up to her chin and back down to the hem. What a little cutie!

"No Eagles can get me HERE!"

690 posts