My plummet from sanity

new piggie mom

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:47 pm

Awww, I'm sorry about Elvira and the others! It's heart-wrenching.

<sigh>

Well, to answer your questions: My ex and I were still married and had aquariums and aviaries and outdoor fish pools, so we got males and females together and the healthy goldfish spawned in the 55 gallon aquarium. Eggs everywhere! By the HUNDREDS! They stick on the glass and when they hatch the babies do too, they look like glass slivers. In a few days they become free-swimming and turn pink as they feast on newly-hatched brine shrimp. A few weeks later they start to look like fish, haha.

But that's another forum. Tell us more about your beloved piggies. It is SO hard to lose an animal. What happened then?

cat22woman

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:55 pm

Then I started on the adoption spree. Brooke also has two ferrets, and one of the girls that works in a Petco in Tulsa called her and told her someone had brought in a ferret to adopt out. We loaded up to go look at it, and they also had two guinea pigs for adoption - Murphy and Smoochy. They were such lovely, big girls and are among my favorites. Ironically, the girl who owned them was in vet school and didn't have time for them anymore. I also got my rabbit Gertie the same way, a too busy vet student.

Here are the girls:

Gertie
Murphy

Smoochy

cavyowner2007

Post   » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:29 pm

Your pigs are so adorable. How many pigs are you up to now?