New house, new pets!

amptondooz

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Episode 1

It was Summer 2003 and a few months ago we'd just moved to a new house. One day...

"MOM! Can we get a guinea pig?" I pleaded.
"OK." replied Mom.

OK, I'm still young here (or 3 years younger than I am now, but anyway) so I don't know much about guinea pigs. Out we go to the pet store.

We got there and there was a little white guinea pig with gold patches. I chose her and we named her Goldie.

For the first month or so I was in love with her. She was just TOO adorable! Then I neglected her for a bit.

Until December 24th, 2003. Out we go to the pet shop for another guinea pig. This one's white with a tiny bit of black around his eye. We called "her" Angelina.

A few months later, Goldies getting fatter... she's pregnant! We rush out to buy Angelina a new cage. Only Angelina must be a boy! Let's name him... Henry!

Goldie had her babies two days later. Sadly, all four of them died.

For a year I held them daily and fed them veggys. Then, Goldie sadly died of a stroke. I was heartbroken.

Henry is now my only piggy. We moved him to the big cage.

For a year I neglected Henry. He was boring now he didn't have a friend.

Then, Spring 2006, I found the site CavyCages!

Next time, Henry gets a new cage and lots more love!

piggiemomma5372

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Umm pictures please.

amptondooz

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:30 pm

Sorry, I don't have any of Goldie but here's one of Henry!

piggiemomma5372

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:38 pm

He is a cutie. Sorry you lost goldie we have all been through that a time or two.

amptondooz

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Episode 2

As soon as I found the CavyCages forum I started buying the equiptment. It was so much fun building the cage! Henry now had a 2*3, much bigger than his old hutch. He popcorned around the cage, obviously happy with all the new space!

New toys were gotten. His favourite (and still is) is his tunnel. He pushes it around like a lunitic!

One of the best things was he couldn't escape anymore. He used to always escape from his hutch at night and would chew all the wires he could find. He broke the phone and my mobile phone charger.

Now, he couldn't escape and wouldn't escape because he had lots of floor time and cuddles!

Image Henrys new cage.

Next time, Henry figures out water bottles are alot of fun...

amptondooz

Post   » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:10 am

Episode 3

Well, Henry likes his water. Alot. Sometimes I wonder if he likes it a little to much...

One day, I heard a big BOOM!. And there was Henry, sitting next to his water bottle, which was now on the floor, looking pretty pleased with himself.

I put it back up thinking he'll never do it again. Oh, how wrong I was.

A couple of hours later BOOM. Guess what? There was Henry, sitting next to his water bottle, which was now on the floor, looking pretty pleased with himself. I put it back on.

The next few days were very annoying. BOOM. Put water bottle back on. BOOM. And again. BOOM. Again. And BOOM. Again. I think in them few days Henry tried to put me in a mental home.

But hahaha! I didn't go, did I? Nope. He eventually got bored. FINALLY.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I do for next time when...

HENRY GETS A NEW FRIEND!

amptondooz

Post   » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Episode 4

I knew that Henry needed a friend, and after months of begging and telling my Mom why he needs a friend... she caved in.

I'd already had my eye on this little cutie called Scrufty, a little grey fluffy piggy. But when we rang up the rescue they said he was gone. They did have a piggy that would probably make a good good friend for Henry, though...

"Revel" was a chocolate Rex. I love Rex's, and decided I would love him. We said we would have him and the next day we got a picture of him in an email. He was very pwetty!

That Saturday, we got the cat basket ready and went out to get him. It was a 30 minute drive but it was worth it! He was very skittish at first but soon warmed up.

Since he'd been given the all clear by a vet, he was allowed in with Henry on the 3rd day we'd ahd him. We had renamed Revel Teaser by then. They never fought, no biting, nothing. They loved each other. And three weeks later still do.

Here they are on introduction day.

Next time, Henry and Teaser get thier nails cut!

Poppygirl

Post   » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Oh they look so cute together!

Can't wait to hear more!

cavyowner2007

Post   » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:35 pm

Such cute pigs! :)
Sorry about your girl and her babies.
My pig is on "pregnancy" watch.
I hope that does not happen to me and my girls!

9 posts • Page 1 of 1