Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 2

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Yay, you're back! GL wouldn't be the same without you, Momo!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 am

Aw bad Mitzy?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:47 am

Welcome back, Momo! You and your family have been missed!

I'm looking forward to your next episode. :)

Fossil Barb

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:24 am

Thank goodness. I've been holding my breath waiting for the next episode. Glad a good time was had by all including the bean makers and their super duper pooper scoopers.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:52 pm

I have a scary story to share with you all, it happened about few weeks ago.

I usually wash, dry and fold all of our piggy laundries on Friday nights, and I always roll my fleece and towels up
before stacking them into the storage grids.
Well, I got lazy that evening…
I folded most of the fleece and towels, and when I got to the the last few towels, I just tossed them inside the cage.
A few minutes later, Ben heard a gnawing noise from the upper cage; he stood up to see if Mitzy and Mojo were
chewing on the puppy pads. Long behold, he found the 2 piggies were actually chewing on a piece of dryer sheet that
has been tangled in with the fleece.

They took a good chunk out of the dryer sheet, about the size of 2 quarters.
I immediately called Kathy and asked her if Mojo and Mitzy were going to make it through the night, and also called
Adobe for advice.
Since it is a used dryer sheet, the amount of “chemicals” left on it should be minimal, and we should watch for signs
of blockage in them. It was just a scare, and they are both fine.

So, the moral of the story is…
No matter how lazy or tired you are, at least give the laundry a good shake before stashing them away in storage
to make sure there are no dryer sheets or other debris in the stack.

And do not give your phone numbers to momo because I will call you around midnight in hysteria when my our piggies
ingest a dryer sheet.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 pm

*Public service announcement: Really you shouldn't use dryer sheets with piggie laundry period because it makes the fleece repel pee.

So glad the furry babes were ok! Kissy kissy to Miss Mitzy.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm

I know, but I still toss a sheet in there with each load of towels and fleece to cut lint and static. :p

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Now I know why me fleece repells the pee no matter how many times I wash it! But the question is, if I don't use dryer sheets will my long haired pigs stick to the fleece is a torrent of static cling???

Topaz

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Air drying the fleece helps a lot with static.

Momo, I'm glad you caught the sneaky buggers before they consumed the whole sheet!

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Momo you are such a good mommy and so observant. Your piggies are very lucky!

I use vinegar in all of my piggie laundry and it seems to help somewhat with the static. The only time my longhairs seem to have crazy hair is when they get out of their cozysaks.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm

I too use vinegar for controlling static in my laundry. It works much better than you'd expect. Good enough that I'm considering switching to using it full time in ALL my laundry. I put it in the fabric softener dispenser in my machine. When I had coin laundry I used a Downy ball.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:51 pm

I use dryer sheets in with my towels but wash the fleece separately and do not use them.

Now, where are the pictures miss Momo?!