Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 2

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:43 am

What a beautiful and fitting tribute to a beautiful and loving little piggirl.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:54 am

Wow, so much has passed in a month!

amptondooz

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:43 am

We all understand, Momo. We know how much you miss Meimei.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:15 pm

I love the butt-shot! Can't wait to see the video. We know how hard this has been Mo and it just takes time.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:23 pm

We are thinking of you and your family, today, Momo, and remembering beautiful, special Meimei.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:15 pm

I am thinking of your little girl today and smiling as I remember all of the joy she brought to every one of us, especially to you.

Hope you and Ben are doing ok.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:38 pm

I sit here and wonder what has happened that day...
I lost my favorite little girl, the one who opened this whole new page of my life.

May 21, 2007
Momo was sick as a dog; I had a fever and chills.
While I was sweating and grabbing blankie in the same time, I was not allowed to hold and cuddle with my pigs.
I could tell Meimei was unpleasantly offended, she stood at the chloroplast wall and wheeked loudly for quite a long time, thinking “isn’t it my couch time already?”

May 22, 2007
I noticed she was her morning veggies half heartedly, but I contemplated she was just being a spoiled brat and trying to get our attention this way.
She has repeatedly stopped eating twice before, and both times coincided with us going away for a 2 day trip, and Ben’s busy auditing schedule with Momo sick in the same time.
I fed her 20cc of critical are mixed with peachy goo, and she took happily from the baby spoon.
Later that night, Ben fed her another 20cc of critical care, and we all though she will be back to her happy self tomorrow.

May 23, 2007
I woke up feeling much better, but Meiemi has stopped eating completely.
Even with coaxing and charming her with cut wheatgrass, she refused to eat.
This was when I panicked and called Adobe at 8:30am to set up an appointment.
For the first time in my life, I force fed my little girl her breakfast through a syringe.
My usual vet was away for the week, but another cavy savvy vet Dr. McKenzie will have all of Meimei’s files available, and be ready to see us the soonest tomorrow morning at 8am.
Despite of a confirmed appointment, I was till apprehensive due to the absence of any savvy vet on duty the entire day today for an emergency consult. I wrote to a few fellow piggy mommies for advice, and posted about her worrying symptoms on GL.
I stayed on the couch and sat with my little girl, hoping she will perk up from my hourly feedings of Pedialyte…

It was 5pm when Kathy has so kindly dropped by with books, meds and reassurances.
She could tell Meimei was unwell, and we went ahead and dosed Simethicone and metacam.
She suggested we should put her back in the cage to move around for the bloat to dissipate after the Simethicone.
During that time, both Kathy and I were busy on the phones talking to emergency vets and Leah.
No one could see us, not even a trained technician who can take a X-ray of a guinea pig for an external consult outside of Adobe.
By this time, we were calling out of the phone book… I experienced bottomless hopelessness for the very fist time in my life.

When Meimei suddenly raced around the cage frantically, Kathy told me to bring her out, hold onto her, talk to her while she took over phone and GL posting duties.
It was all downhill from there.
10 minutes in my arms, she went into a seizure.
The agony breathing started…
Then, my little girl’s heart has beaten for the very last time…

May 24, 2007
It was a completely sleepless night.
When Ben woke up to the alarm, I was already lining the piggy carrier with puppy pad, getting ready to bring Meimei in for her necropsy.
We carefully took out our little girl form the fridge; she was wrapped in a towel, then an oversized envelope.
I don’t remember the drive to Adobe, and until I have opened these pictures last night, it was a rather blue sky that cool morning.
She sat in the front seat with the seat belt around her carrier just as always, her very last car ride.
Here she was waiting for Dr. McKenzie to come into the room, and the very last I saw her before she was whisked away…
I left her beautiful face on the picture wall in Adobe, so her friends (mostly victims) there will always remember her…

Meimei’s gross necropsy yielded the following findings.
spleen: tumor the size of a kidney; attached/embedded
stomach: dilated; may be post mortem swelling
liver: changes; may be post mortem change/process
ovaries/uterus: okay – no findings
kidney: slight swelling, maybe postmortem
heart: healthy

Meimei has since come home to us, she will always be here on top of her cage, watching over our piggies.
She is surrounded drawings, cards, her star, and prayers you have all sent to us.
A beautiful wooden angel sits on top of her ashes.

I am very thankful to Kathy, who has come and stayed with hen Meimei left us that evening, But more importantly, being an experienced cavy slave, she recognized the irreversible signs of a dying guinea pig with the surges, foot motion and seizure. When she realized that Memei was undeniably leaving us, she hid the inevitable from me and reassuringly instructed me take her out and just hold her while she took over phone duties. It was her knowledge that gave me the invaluable opportunity to be with my girl while she slowed died in my arms, instead of spending those precious minutes on the phone. For this, I can never thank Kathy enough…

Meimei’s seizure footage is also on there, I myself find it hard to look at, but I hope with this, people will learn to recognize the signs of a gravely ill piggy. I am not posting a link to it, but if you go under my name in youtube, you will find it.

With this said…
Meimei – the story of her life video.

I heard things got much more interesting ever since my little girl arrived!

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:42 pm

I'll love you and miss you forever little Meimei. Hugs and kisses. You're understrict orders to behave your little piggy self. Take good care of the wee ones and dont' bring too much havock.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Momo that was just beautiful. A fitting tribute to our beautiful Meimei. You so shared her with all of us and for that I thank you.

I love and will miss you sweet Meimei.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:02 pm

What a loving tribute to Meimei, Momo.

She was loved and is missed by many already.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:43 pm

That is a beautiful tribute.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:06 am

Very beautiful. Meimei will always be cherished.

EllieMom

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:03 am

Thank you for sharing her with us. I can't believe it's been a month.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:19 am

That was a very beautiful and moving tribute. We will never forget her.

I loved the scene with her and Mojo fighting over the food. He really keeps a good grip! No wonder she bit him. He denied her treats!

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:29 am

What a beautiful and loving tribute. Meimei was such a special girl. As others have said, thank you for sharing her with us.

ETA: I loved the music, very moving.

Fossil Barb

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:03 am

The tribute to Meimei is so special. More tears.

I know how hard it must have been to put it together but it is also a tribute to you and Ben and the love you give to your family.

I think the tranquility at the Bridge has been challenged before and with some success by some of our loveable 'monster piggies' but Meimei has gone above and beyond.

Meimei is involved in her new job as I'm sure she's been appointed (a self-appointment?) BOSS of The Bridge!

Faye

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:45 am

That made me cry ToT
She was such a fiesty little character, and beautiful too.
That was a very moving video, and a great way to remember her.

Sarah W

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:05 pm

Thank you for sharing Meimei with all of us. She was quite possibly the world's most loved guinea pig!

kristina
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:03 pm

The video was beautiful. Like the others, I also want to thank you for sharing Meimei with us.

minismama

Post   » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Meimei was definately a special piggy.

988 posts