A Wink and a Wheek

linda_chicha
For Pigs' Sake

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm swooning over Jacques.

Tarpan

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 pm

I know the post was a few pages ago but you should never ever ever use flea collars! Those things are 100% pure poison (not to mention not being terribly effective) and can kill your pets as well as the fleas.

Acanoffleas

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Mo here.
Boy, we haven't updated in here in awhile. Talk about slacking...well, I'll fill you in on what's happened the past year.

First, the biggest news was I lost my buddy Bear.
He had been having problems peeing for awhile and he had an "op-er-ay-shun" to help. Mama said it was for his "blah-der stons". He was really sick, though, and he didn't live too long after the surgery. He died on mama's birthday, so we were all really sad for awhile. That was in April.

In May, things got really crazy around here. Mama & Papa kept putting everything in boxes and did lots and lots of cleaning. We ended up in a whole new house! Papa told us that we were no longer renters but owners. I honestly don't know what that means, but I know that it involved a lot of loud noises & lots of rearranging. This was when for a bit I lived with Mortar. We got along for about a month or so. Mama & Papa even took us on a pignic during a nice day in the summer:

We eventually had to be separated, though. I like him and all, but he just wouldn't leave me alone. His hair is all weird and short & mine is long & flowy. I think I just really missed Bear & preferred to be left alone. So we became neighbors instead, which worked fine for me. We shake our butts in each others' general direction from time to time.

I eventually found out what all the loud crazy noises were all about in the new house...

Acanoffleas

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

They were tearing apart the bathroom! Here's what it looked like before. Well, while Papa was tearing it apart.

They gutted it.

It took them a few months, but it's mostly done. Mama pitches a fit sometimes & says things like "we need to finish the dam crown molding!" but I have no idea what that means.

We pigs were all glad when that was mostly done, though. Then of course, things got all exciting again when Mama brought home a new brother. She saw him on the humane league's website and she had to go check him out. And of course she brought him home, without consulting us OR Papa! The nerve, right? I guess it worked out for the best, b/c he ended up being kinda coo. His name is Randall.

He's good to have around for when Mama & Papa are in snuggly moods and I'm not, b/c Randall likes to snuggle. He'll even let them reach into the cage to be pet & given scritches! Silly.

Randall joined the family in July. Before we knew it the holidays were here. And that meant it was time for the obligatory photo shoot.

Jacques, the 9th reindeer

Randall Claus

Yeah yeah, happy holiday and all that stuff. Santa brought me a CAMO TENT! YES! It's awesome. I'll have to make sure Mama takes a picture of it.

Acanoffleas

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi. This is Randall. I'm new to this, so please excuse my potentially very poor typing.

Well guess what. I got a new brother last night. It all happened rather quickly and unexpectedly. Mama had asked me the other night if I wanted a little brother, but I laughed it off knowing fully well that my older brothers & neighbors where already a handful. Wouldn't you know that she wasn't kidding. He's about three weeks old, and his name is Sanford.

He came from a friend who had inherited an unplanned pregnancy. Sanford was the only boy & Mama agreed to take him. I have to say, it hasn't been all that long but I think I like him. He's awfully tiny. I like keeping an eye on him and showing him how to munch on the greens and properly shake one's behind at their boar neighbor. He's already running zoomies & popcorning. I'm very proud. Mama is hoping that we really bond so that we'll be forever brothers. I think I hope so too.

zazzified

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Awww the little black head! He reminds me of my Jeeves!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Oh, they are so handsome :)

Randall darling, you type just fine!

Acanoffleas

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Randall here again. Thank you! I admit I've had a little practice typing. My brothers & I have a Twitter thingy & I've ended up doing more of the tweet wheeking than the others. We're TheKlotzyPigs.

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 am

Aww I love Mo! How are your boys doing dear? So there are 6 of them now if I'm not mistaken? :) Mo, Mason, Mortar, Jacques, Randall and Sanford? And wow!! Give some sscritches to Mo for me! I am so proud of him being a very strong healthy boy!

Acanoffleas

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:25 pm

My goodness, my goodness. A whole FOUR years since any posts in my piggies' Cavy Chronicle! Shame on me!

A quick catch-up:

Mortar, "Mort-Mort":
ImageMortar was a sweet pig who loved having his mutton chops scritched. He left us in 2010 after having some health issues we weren't able to figure out.

The Most Amazing Mo-Man
Mr. Mo was the silliest, sweetest, and most resilient piggies to ever grace our herd. He had two surgeries in 2010, one of which was to remove a leg as a result of bone infection see thread here: viewtopic.php?t=55191&highlight=. He thrived as a tripod piggie for 2 years until old age finally caught up with him. It was during Hurricane Sandy that Mo left us.

Randall:
Randall is that piggie we all have at some point that, though we say we don't have favorites, is definitely the favorite. He was, by far, one of the sweetest piggies we've ever had. He was an amazing nanny-boar to Sanford & Grady & eventually to Sully, too. And thought hey all eventually turned out to beat him up (har har), he remained happy-go-lucky and carefree even in his final days. We lost Randall in 2013 (thread here: viewtopic.php?t=67546&highlight=). To this day, there are still moments where I miss this piggie like mad.

Randall teaching his new brudder how this snuggle thing works:

More to come...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Yes, an update very needed!

Acanoffleas

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Presenting, His Royal Highness, King Grady.

*ahem*

Hewwo, peoples an' piggies of the interwebs. I am the King. My mama says I am a gentle, sweet pig. I say that I am the King, and therefor am mighty and awesum. Here is me posing regally with my papa:

An' me with mama:

I rule over the herd from my big fluffy throne couch. My brudder, Sanford, resides with me. He likes the throne couch, too, but mostly because I like to sit there. Here we are having a pignic. See me? I'm so handsome. Sanford's bum is in the background. He doesn't like it outside. Image

My favorite food is pellets. Mama says I lose my mind whenever I hear the jangle of the pellet container being opened. We don't get pellets but for a few times a week. Mama keeps saying she hasn't received the Royal Decree of Neverending Pellets, but I've sent it a bunch of times now. On this, Sanford and I have agreed. Mama is holding out...

**Sanford butts in**

ImageDid someone say pellets?