Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

CheesyMouse

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 7:07 am

awww...what a cute little piggy!!cute name too 8D!!!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 5:48 pm

Cutemomomi, fear not, I am surviving on my own cooking again! I guess it really is sometimes best to give in and resort to the instruction book. I'm just not a great follower of manuals, they are only for when all else fails - or you end up starving yourself. ;o)

Meanwhile the sun has been shining (a little) and the rain has been falling (a lot) and the grass is growing outside. Luckily my cooking has not been so bad that I have had to resort to eating grass myself, but I know a little furball or two that really appreciate my attempts at cultivating a lawn!

The Ladies Who Lunch now go green.

Chilli keeps a watchful eye out for anyone pinching her share.

Tiggy has gone into a grass-induced trance...
"Whoa....!"

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Tiggy looks simply overwhelmed in that picture.
So much grass, so little time!
*nom-nomm-nommm*

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 8:54 pm

I always find that watching guinea pigs eat grass or hay is very hypnotizing. :)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Well, what have the piggies been up to lately?

There's been alot of this...
A little bit of this...
Some more of this...
"What ARE you doing?"
I think you get the picture!

Three's nothing nicer than piggies that just appear and sit near you for (I guess) the company. I was sitting on the bed clearing the camera of old files and they just sneak in and sit in a place they can watch you. Of course this is once they have discovered there's no food on the go... :o)

"Wait, is that my agent calling?"
When Tiggy does want attention, all she has to do is stand on my feet.

"C'mon, c'mon - gimme some cuddles!"

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Your girls are so cute. I see they are doing what piggies do best - lounging, looking cute, hoping for snacks.

Fossil Barb

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Great pictures of some very intelligent girls. You will have to do better at providing great snacks so they can keep up their strength.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:53 pm

I know, you are right - there is not nearly enough for these poor starving little piggies to nibble on all day!

Tiggy is developing a nice little 'pancake spread' too. ;o)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm

They are not only practicing pancaking, but also burrito-ing. :)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:28 am

Now to keep up with current events. Last week Chilli and I discovered a suspicious little dot in the middle of Tiggy's most prominent rosette. Thinking dry skin I gave it a bit of a scratch and it came away along with a few hairs. On closer inspection the hair was coming out pretty easily and we ended up with a bald spot the size of a fingernail!
Not only that but some greasy dandruff too. Yuk! Time for a good old fungal bath spa treatment. The magic potion called Nizoral was lurking on the sidelines.

Being a newcomer to the whole 'getting wet' scenario, Tiggy was a little apprehensive and not totally convinced that the unassuming girly pink stuff was really necessary.
"I thought you said we were just going into hair and make up? This seems a little extreme."

"Stuff the carrot and being nice, this is not what I was expecting - I'm all WET!!"
"You're trying to drown me! I want to call the SPCA!"

But it's all worth it in the end, a clean little bald patch!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 am

You might want to treat for mites, too. When my pigs had mites, that is how they presented symptoms - little patches where the hair pulled right out with skin scurf beneath. Poor Tiggy!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 am

And we're on a second round - just to be sure, so poor Tiggy was back at square one!

"I'm having a bad case of déjà vu..."
But you're getting the hang of it now Tiggy!

"I'm not speaking to you, ever again."
"Leave me alone. Go AWAY!"
But it's all working out in the end. A cleaner bald spot and the hair growing back in again.
A round of Easimec is underway too!