Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Misty is so cute but I love Tiggy. She's a pistol : ) Guess she just doesn't want to miss anything!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Tiggy looks like her usual self again!

Misty is very pretty. I love her little eye stripe, and Miss Tiggy's M. :)

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Tigs can have the clementines, I get the After Eights! I love the picture of Misty with her eyes closed. Bless.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Awww.... :)
When I saw that M, me though you were gonna name her momo! ;p

What a pretty little girl, although i have to say,...
eh,... Tiggy is not impressed!

Congratulations again webs, wishing them many happy, healthy and uh.. . peaceful years ahead! :)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Momo, Tiggy has that just for you. ;o)

A bit late in updating but not only did I get flu after New Year, got back to work and caught all the germs going round there too. A virus of the airways that takes 4-6 weeks to go and nothing you can take for the coughs! Argh! More hassle too with the car insurance company so more sleepless nights and double Argh!

As for the piggies, Misty is settling in well. It's either all go with lots of zoomies or just chilling out under the favourite fleece. Didn't take her long to get the hang of it from the other bump - a true Master in the art of chillin' (so that's what the M is for!)

More later... :o)

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am

Cutie bum!
Hey! I think I have that virus, too! Actually, almost everyone at our school has it. So many of us, kids and teachers alike, have this upper respiratory tickly cough. It's not usually productive, just annoying.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 am

I am so pleased to hear you are feeling better, Webs . . . . being ill, ugh :(

Love the pic!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:51 pm

I hear you on being sick, momo pretty much curled up in the fetal position and stayed in bed the entire week...

Yup, I think she got the art of chilling and saxxy butting down!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Oh no - Momo poorly? Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that :(
We all hope you soon feel better and send our very best Get Well Wishes, from me, Fairy, Marigold, Mariella and Ian xxx

Here Dr Mr Bear to help you BOTH feel better :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Do get better!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:35 pm

This is seriously needing updating and lacking in pictures. Feeling much better and hopefully everyone else is too, so I should get back to being a better pig slave. ;o)

It's not that there's nothing happening either though I am feeling guilty that I haven't been spending nearly enough time with my newbie Misty though she's been here a whole 10 weeks now. She is coming along nicely and not quite as shy as she was and still gets on great with Tiggy. She is certainly not shy when it comes to using her voice - Misty is one vocal piggy. :o)

She did seem to be losing a lot of hair for a while and great drifts of it were leaving trails where she'd been but that has now cleared and I think it was just a reaction to her change of surroundings. She has gone though some hormonal phases too and poor Tiggy has been really tolerant of getting her head humped on a couple of occasions! Much verbal protesting but nothing else - not even moving out of the way.

It took me a while to understand why Misty always ran away when I appeared (maybe a bit more lippy might help...) but soon discovered it's because I am upright! If I sit on the flloor she's much calmer and comes forward though doesn't quite take a treat from my fingers unless in the cage. I think it's because she's spent a while at Thistle where all the cages are generally waist high and above so she's not used to being towered over. :o) Tiggy on the other hand is so unfazed she runs up to you all the time. I'm sure some of it will rub off on Misty sooner or later.

Tiggy has had a health hiccup or two with a small fungal patch on her back now cleared, then she got a bout of cystitis, both of which I think were just a reaction to everything that had been going on over the last few months. I think with her immune system and health settling down and now that she has a healthy pal to run around with, she can only go from strength to strength. I'm not worried about her kidney function any more as the sticks seem to show all's working as it should be. Perhaps an occasional prevention treatment and additional cranberry juice will keep things at bay.

I also got one of those piggy activity/boredom games from Pet Planet which I thought may end up a waste of money but so far Tiggy has sussed out Level 1 pretty quickly so I must get some pics of that too. I knew she was a clever and very special piggy. ;o)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Yay for feeling better!

Webs, I've noticed stress-shedding too. My Sakura will shed like crazy every time she goes to the vet. It lasts for a few days, then completely stops.