Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks Hunybee. :o)

Here's a little movie with the two of them and the Teach n' Treat game. Misty doesn't get much of a look in yet with it, but at least is not spending all her time hiding. :o)

Misty and Tiggy - game on!

And just to keep them all together, the other movies with Tiggy and the Teach n' Treat game.

Tiggy tries Level 1
Tiggy comes back for more on Level 1
Tiggy won't share Level 1
Tiggy moves on to Level 2
Tiggy tries again at Level 2
Tiggy masters Level 2
Tiggy attempts Level 3
Tiggy succeeds at Level 3

The weather has been so dull recently with snow forecast, I haven't had much of a chance to practice with the new toy yet!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Wow! Webs, Tiggy is SO clever! I watched the two where Tiggy finds her treats in Level 1 and 2! We bought the toy too but haven't had a moment free this weekend to try it out. We will be doing tonight though! I just can't believe how well Tiggy did it!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:15 am

I have to adjust my level 3 with a Dremel, after seeing your level 3 success!! Mine doesn't shove around well at all.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Glad to see you got yours adjusted for Level 3 Pigjes, I'm sure my pigs find this one the most satisfying. :o)

It's high time my Chronicles were getting updated though I shouldn't really be spending extra time on the computer. After last year's car accident I've been having trouble with my shoulder and after a poor attempt at lifting my new works computer onto my desk, I felt I ruptured something. Anyway, turns out I still have evidence of whiplash (that A&E told me wasn't the case on the night), I have RSI in that shoulder and a pulled ligament with lifting the computer wrongly. Unfortunately I cannot change mousing hands as I already have problems in the other shoulder from too many years at a computer before ergonomics became a buzzword in the workplace. So I am supposed to restrict my computer time... but that's too, too difficult!

Anyway, enough ramblings about me and time to get some pig pics up here! Poor Misty will be thinking I have something against her. Although she isn't the easiest to get pics of when she's on the floor as she disappears in a blur and cloud of hair. She's not casting nearly as much as she was which is good as I could have made an angora sweater out of it by now. ;o)

So without further ado, Tiggy has been up to her usual tricks.

"I ain't done nothin'!"
Misty is still a tad wary and has glow in the dark eyes. ;o)

"Eh?!"
"Wot now?!"
"I have an itch..."

Tiggy has taken to telling me when she wants to play The TnT Game and will drag it out herself. I think she may be an addict...

Misty also plays it...

... but not with quite the same intensity as Tiggy.

"MINE... ALL MINE!"

After all the game play, there is only one thing left to do... chillout and relax!

As for Misty, she gets quite flustered with Tiggy's attempts at rounding her up at mealtimes and bedtime so has developed the annoying habit of grabbing some hay from wherever is convenient and running to wherever is most comfortable. At least I know where she is - you just follow the hay trail. It wouldn't be quite such a big deal if it wasn't in my house and they weren't freerange pigs. I do not relish housework at the best of times but this is simply getting too much to bear!

Meanwhile, Tiggy is still full of surprises. At weighing time the other week, I had Misty on my lap on the floor after getting her weighed and was giving her some cuddles and cucumber when Tiggy decided she must be missing out. Since her attempts at getting cukes from me by trying to climb into my lap were clearly futile and ignored, she came up with an idea. The flat scales were on the floor with a shallow bowl and cosy bed on top for placing the pigs into. Smart Tiggy realised the only way to get cukes is to get weighed, so she jumped into the cosy bed on the scales all by herself! Result! I got the weight and she got the cucumber! If only it was this easy ALL the time. :o)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Tiggy, you are such a clever-paws! Lovely photos :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Ouch!! I'm sorry about your joint troubles. I hope they resolve themselves to a comfortable level soon!

Tiggy - you're just too smart and clever. Guess you're showing your mommy a thing or two : ) Misty, you're as beautiful as ever.

tashab

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 pm

I love hearing about Tiggy's antics. She certainly seems to keep you on your toes!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Lookit Tiggy go on them games!
Such intensity in those beady eyes?!?
Misty still looks quite skeptical of this whole situation...

Webs, I hope you feel better soon.
Joint pain can really be a pain in the XXXX, I hope you get some relieve soon. Stop lifting and heaving, just rest those shoulders.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Sorry to hear about your shoulder and hope you continue to improve with rest. Tiggy is looking good as is Misty. I can't believe how much Tiggy loves the game. I'm always impressed that your piggies free range.

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 am

Glad to see some pic updates!!

Hope your shoulder is better soon Webs, I've had whiplash and I know its a horrible injury to have!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:42 pm

I have found a great physio who has done wonders for my back and shoulder. Unfortunately I decided to cut the grass for the first time this weekend and remembered too late about my shoulder when I tried to start the petrol mower by yanking the pull string. OWEE! One ligament further twanged. ;o) It's so annoying that it's my left arm that hurts and I'm left handed - and changing gears in the car is no fun either!

GP_mum, for the first time I am thinking free ranging may not be such a good idea due to Misty! At home this lunchtime, I witnessed a sneaky little white fluffball creeping slowly out from under the favourite lilac fleece and crawl in stealth mode past Tiggy to nibble on some hay in the play box. When she decided this hay was worth eating, she grabbed a mouthful, turned tail and shot back under the fleece trailing the hay like a large peacock tail. Poor Tiggy looked very indignant when she realised there was no hay left to nibble on under the stool, instead it had been swiped from under her nose. :o)

There have also been hay trails from the travel boxes so I know at least someone is getting some exercise! Unfortunately so am I with the hoover, I will have to get one of those bagless ones as it's costing me a small fortune. Not to mention the effect vacuuming is having on my shoulder. Wouldn't be so bad if the little furballs tidied up after themselves and ate it rather than leaving it lying around!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Oweee, no need to give further details as to what was pulled and twanged! :(
Poor Webs, geesh, perhaps you should walk around with a sign around your neck that reads,... "shoulders hurt, don't attempt anything stoopid".

Poor Tiggy, being robbed in braod daylight!

Let us know how that clean after yourselves talk goes with Misty and Tiggy. I say you just save the effort and energy and start googling for a bag-less vacuum!