Pandora and Perpetua

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:46 am

Baby Perpetua hit the two-pound mark this weekend!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:49 am

Good for Baby Perpetua. Just keep eating and maybe you'll hit 3 lbs. : )

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Yup, Pippin hovered around three pounds, more or less, for most of his adult life.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Yay for Baby Perpetua! Keep it up little girl.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:08 pm

I took the girls to Pippin and Pandora’s Alma Mater the other day. They were greeted like rock stars. Evidently Pippin was quite the public figure there, too. An assistant, seeing the two cases said “is that THE Pippin?”

I have also been told baby Perpetua is agouti. Duh – why didn’t I pick up on that? She is also white, and arguably red, not tri-colour. She reminds me of Breyer’s Triple-Chocolate Ice Cream – dark, milk and white chocolate.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 pm

They were only getting their just due. After all they are drop dead georgeous and well taken care of. Of course they're rock stars. : )

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Thank you, I think so, too.

Believe it or not, one of the women there had never seen a white pig.

Pandora does get lots of comments, as she is so, uh, white.

One vet referred to her as "brilliant white."

A couple years ago I slid her out of her carrier at a rescue event and I heard someone say "Ooooh, an albino."

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:22 pm

I hear the word albino too but just patiently tell people that GP's don't carry the albino gene. Most of them look at me like I'm kidding when I say they are PEWS or DEWS. : )

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:31 pm

Yeah, I never did figure that out, other than that there is no such thing as an albino pig.

Pandora and I just graciously accept the compliments.

But would anyone be as inobservant (blind?) as to say Lady Bug is an albino?

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:34 pm

That's funny! No, sometimes I talk to people about GP's and generally get the "wow, my pig only lived 1-3 years". That usually leads to a general conversation especially if they are in my place and see the GL or Cavies Castle calendars. Hair length and color always comes up.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 am

Lightning died four years ago today:

http://www.cerridwin.org/jane/pigone.jpg

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:14 am

Lightning was such a gorgeous pig. I can't believe that it's been 4 years. I'm so sorry.