Pandora and Perpetua

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Thank you, Bug's Mom, I thought so too. That pic was actually taken by the shelter he came from, JodiMN added the hat and coloured the log purple.

Needless to say, I've got a lot of mileage out of that picture.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Why not, it's absolutely adorable : )

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 pm

:)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:36 pm

That reminds me, Ben uses McMac's picture as his online poker avatar. :)

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 pm

It's too bad the shelter didn't demand royalties.

How do Ben's poker friends feel about this?

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Who are they to judge when they uses their dog's, turtle's and kids; pictures as their avatar? :p

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 pm

True, that. And Micmac was so cute.

I feel bad about saying I couldn’t tell which end of Mojo was which. My first three were Americans, they had silhouettes like Astrovans, However, with Perpetua being an abby sometimes I have to look twice if it’s dark/from a distance.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:14 am

Today is the feast of St. Perpetua: http://catholicexchange.com/2009/03/07/97081/

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:14 am

Janedoe, you have very pretty girls. My mother's name is Perpetua. It's very rare that we see any other Perpetuas. I will have to tell her!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:27 am

Thank you, Halva. Yes, I wanted something mythical/mystical to go with Pandora and St. Perpetua is the patroness of nursing mothers.

My Perpetua came to the shelter practically in labour -- she delivered the same day or next day.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:12 am

Baby Perpetua is developing a weird habit -- she "tastes" me, doesn't really hurt, kind of reminds me of a snake flicking out its tongue. I call her my "reptile pig."

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Six years ago today I adopted my darling Lightning. One of the best things I've ever done: http://www.cerridwin.org/jane/pigone.jpg