The Brooklyn Guinea Gang

Shania_3

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Julius... O_O

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 am

Your piggies are all adorable! :D I'm sorry about the wee one that just went to the Bridge :(

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Just wanted to update this thread.

This year has been an extremely trying one. March took away Kit Kat and Michelle. April claimed the narrator of our chronicle, Spin, as well as Shrimpie and Rebecca. This month we have lost Julius.

I have decided that instead of bringing the story from the past to present, I'd rather make it an actual chronicle of our life, with a new narrator (Merlin) and a few past moments, just to make sure all the piggies that were part of our gang are mentioned and cherished.

RIP all my sweeties that have left this year :( I miss you guys!

On another note, today I had my first foster leaving to a forever home :) Monkey, of Have-a-Heart Guinea Pig Rescue, went to a wonderful couple, who will try him with their boar, Harry. Good luck, Monkey!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Congrats on placing your first foster! Good luck Monkey.

I knew you'd lost several pigs in a short time, but I didn't realize it was so many. I am so sorry, Laura.

I'm glad you've come back to this thread.

tashab

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 pm

I didn't realize how many you'd lost either :(
I'm glad you'll be updating your chronicle again though. I hope the next few months will be kinder to you.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue May 24, 2011 10:47 pm

So sorry that you lost so many in the past few months. That mustn't have been easy. But looking forward to hearing about your current pigs and yah for Monkey going to his forever home.

serelixyue

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 12:38 am

I'm so sorry you lost so many dear ones :(

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 am

I am so sorry for all your departed babies, I know they will never be far from your heart...
So many, so close together, I can't imagine the heartache and the feeling of just ... emptiness.
I am so sorry.

And yeah for Monkey! :)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 5:40 am

Oh dear, it has been a sad time for you, Bytxlaura. It really is so hard . . .

It is good to hear about Monkey - what a fantastic name :)

ElvisTCB

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 7:11 am

I didn't even know you had a chronicle! I look forward to Wenty being a feature player (complete with MANY pics), & will hold him hostage until you agree! ;-)

I don't even think you told me the full extent of all your losses this year. :-( I know they must have left a gaping hole in your heart, but hope that Wenty can help fill some of the void. He is a BIG sweetheart of a piggy that I know will lap up all your love.

The story of how you got Lucky was so vivid that I am literally sitting here in tears. I don't think there is one single member on this board who would fault you for supporting a pet store in that instance. I cannot even imagine the horror you must've felt, as well as poor Lucky. What a perfect name, by the way. How fortunate Lucky was to have you enter into his life at that precise moment (& how sad that a mite-ridden piggy be viewed as snake food).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Yes, that was a vivid story. Unforgettable.

Sidera17

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 6:46 pm

RIP sweet little ones. :(

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Wed May 25, 2011 8:05 pm

I so sorry for the little angels, it must be so tough.

And here I am thinking the world is nearing it's end after I lost 4 within a year, I feel your pain.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm so sorry for all the loss and heartache, Laura. Your babies were lucky to know your love. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. *Hugs*

Yay for Monkey!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 am

I'm so sorry for all your losses! It must be devastating to loose so many pets in such a short time!

Guinea Love

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I am so sorry. Rest in Peace little ones.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:52 pm

I'm so very sorry, this was so heartwrenching to read (tears are in my eyes as I type this); I know how much you love your little guys, and I know they sure did as well. Bless you and the remaining kiddos. They were so lucky to have you as their mom, and the pictures really show the love you had for them and how spoiled they were.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Sorry to read about the rough year you've had :(
I can only imagine how upsetting and challenging it has been for you.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Well, hello there people :)

My name is Merlin, and I am mommy's favorite baby :)
Aunt Kermie saved me from an Illinois shelter and brought me to New Jersey. She introduced me to my friend Jesse and then we went to live with our forever mom in Brooklyn :)

Unfortunately, Jesse has since passed away from lymphoma. I will miss you buddy!

Anyways, the reason I am writing this is that I have finally convinced mom to restart posting on our chronicle :)

So, we start by putting up pictures of your truly:
Taking a nap :)

I love endive!

Aren't I gorgeous?

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Look at the gorgeous eye liner she is wearing. What a cutie!

118 posts