The Legend Of Stripey

minismama

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 7:15 am

Hi! My name is StripeyFace. If you need to ask why, then maybe you need new eyeballs.

I have stripes on more than just my face. I even have stripes on my BUTT. (hehe...i just said butt)

This is my sister, Little Red Bear. She's not really that little, and she doesn't have stripes. (unless you count that white spot on her head)

I have to go now because mom is going to leave for someplace called, "work." She's going to shut the computer off.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 7:31 am

You should tell your mom to leave the computer on for you while she's at work. My mom does, and I get into all kinds of trouble and she never knows! Heheh! All kinds of good looking boars around here, in fact, there is a whole post just for pictures! Wow!

-Olgapig

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:07 am

Stripey you and Little Red are just adorable. You both are so pretty.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:15 am

What adorable babies. I hope you come back with more story.

minismama

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Stripey here. Thank you, Bug'sMom. I've got some more story for you.

My sister and I were still practically babies when our first human bought us at a store. He already had something called a ferret. Ferrets are scary. But, our first human was even scarier. He was a bad, bad man. One day, when my sister and I were just three months old, our first human was taken to someplace called "jail" because he was really, really mean to old people. Little Red Bear and I were soooo scared. But, this serious human named, "Policeman" brought us to a noisy place called, "Animal Refuge League." The other animals there just called it, "the shelter."

As soon as we got to the shelter, this lady cleaned us up and clipped our nails. We were still so scared. We heard this lady talking about us needing something called, "fostering." Not even three hours later, another female human comes to where we are and told the shelter lady that she is ready to take us to foster. (i found out later that fostering is like babysitting)

Our foster human has other guinea pigs! Most of them look like Little Red Bear...only with different colours on them. For the first few weeks with our foster human, I was sure that my sister and I would be gobbled up at anytime. I learned that other guinea pigs in the house had been there a long time. (i'll talk about them later) They told me that the male human was something called a "husband" to the female and that his name was "Charlie". Then they told me that Charlie was spelled, "s-u-c-k-e-r." I thought they were being foolish until I heard the female human say the very same thing!

After we had been with the foster human a couple of weeks, she carried us across the room and put us into a huge new cage. Red Bear and I had to spend almost all afternoon sniffing it and checking it out. It had a cozy sack and two hidey houses and two food dishes and lots and lots of shavings. And there is NEWPAPER under the shavings. Ripping newpaper is fun. Red Bear and I do that alot. Wanna see?

Our foster human started calling us hooligans.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 4:00 pm

You two are both so cute!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Yep-sucker. That word gets used around me a lot too : )

You guys are just too cute. Are you still bedded on newspaper? I'll bet the humans got tired of cleaning it up a lot.

minismama

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Mini'smama here....I put a pretty thick layer of aspen on top of the newspaper every time I clean their cage. As you can see from the photo that the little hooligan posted, they keep digging through the shavings until they can pull up the paper and shred it.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi Stripey,

My name is Elliott and I am so NOT mean. I do not bite or am I ever bad (don't listen to Mom). I would be happy to be your friend. We will have to be computer friends as sometimes you little balls of fur are too delicate for me. I love to play too much at times.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Your piggies are too cute mini'smama!

Hi Elliot! XOXO

minismama

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 5:44 pm

My sister and I were supposed to be temporary in this human's house. But, only a month after we got here, the female human signed some papers at the shelter and adopted us! Little Red Bear keeps kicking me, so I'll tell you about the other guinea pigs now.

First is MaceyBear. She is oldest. She is six years old and came here in 2004 from the same shelter as we did. Macey can't see too well and she sleeps a lot; so, I sometimes wheek really loud to wake her up and let her know it is mealtime.

From what I was told, mom went back to the shelter three months after she adopted Macey and ended up adopting MollyBear. MollyBear was only five weeks old when her first human dumped her at the shelter. By the time Red Bear and I got here, Molly was five YEARS old. Molly had to go to the vet alot in April. Our dad got a really sad look on his face when mom told him that Molly wouldn't be around much longer. May 8th, dad went along with mom to the vet when she brought Molly there for the last time. Dad cried when he came home that day. So did Mom. (Koda told me that they had Molly Put To Sleep, so she would not be sick anymore.)

This is Koda THE Bear. Koda explains things alot. Koda came here from the shelter about a year ago. She is three now. If mom interupts Koda's naps, Koda says stuff like, "!!@#" or "##$@%&&" Those sound a lot like the words Red Bear says when I grab the snacks she is ignoring.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm sorry about Molly but from your pictures you are all loved and well taken care of. Lady Bug completely sympathizes with MacyBear. She is blind also and sleeps a lot.