Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:17 pm

I am so sorry.

I imagine you have read this article but in case note, I am adding it here:
https://www.guinealynx.info/hyperthyroid ... study.html

minismama

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am

With so many senior pigs, I knew that I was bound for loss this year. March 1st, I took Rosie THE Bear to the vet because of bloody urine. Yup. Another bladder infection. Her xrays ruled out bladder stones. However, they revealed an enlarged liver. Since she was asymptomatic as regards the liver, we only treated Rosie THE Bear for the bladder infection.

March 15th, at 5:20p.m., Rosie THE Bear began crashing HARD. Time was more limited than I had thought. I held her, talking to her and gently patting her as I sat in my rocker. It was over within barely twenty minutes. (The nearest vets, who treat guinea pigs are almost 40 minutes from here)

Rosie THE Bear

February 2012 to March 15th, 2018

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:29 am

I'm so very sorry about Rosie THE Bear. At least she was with you at the end. You gave her a good life.

Rest in peace, little one. You are loved and missed.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm also very sorry about Rosie. But I'm curious about why she was THE Bear and not just the bear?

minismama

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:35 pm

It's kind of hard to explain, bpatters. Guinea pigs of mine that have the appellation "THE Bear" usually have some kind of "larger than life" aspect to their personality.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:09 pm

I am sorry to hear you lost her.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:29 am

I'm sorry.

minismama

Post   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 pm

[

I'm the Pretty pretty Princess Callie. Mum took me to the vet AGAIN because she said my pee was stinky. The vet took a picture of my guts. I don't have bladder stones. But, he vet thinks I might have a growth pressing on my bladder. Yuck.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Picture not showing. I think you linked to a page, not an image (url should end with jpg, jpeg, or png).

minismama

Post   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Urgg........was posting from my cellphone.

minismama

Post   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:52 pm

If mummy did this right, you should be able to see what a pretty pretty Princess that I am.

minismama

Post   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Well, mummy didn't do it right that time, either. Everyone needs to see me so that I can tell some more story!