Three boars, one cage.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:18 pm

What a super bunch of pictures!

Don't know if you're interested, NoCableisSafe, or have a nice big crisp copy, but this picture would be wonderful to put into my calendar possibilities folder!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:00 am

oh, lynx! I'll dig out the raw one from the depth of iPhoto and send it along to you when I have a spare moment :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:33 pm

That would be great! It is such a cute photo!

serelixyue

Post   » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:08 am

Oh, your portraits are beautiful! Love the new update, MAISIE IS SO CUTE!!!! the bubbins are growing so fast ^^

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 am

Sere, they have sprouted up so quick! I was holding Maisie just the other evening and I was almost in tears looking back at picture of how small she once was!

Maisie has grown so much from this

To needing more than a hand to support her body!

However, I am so proud of how she has grown up easy to catch and so very confident when dealing with the testosterone-fuelled neutered boars!

Maisie is also my first guinea pig since Koda who will fall asleep in my arms. Meribel is a lap-napper and Scribble just wants to find somepig to show off to!

Guess who I am pig sitting again, only my two favourite away-boars, Blu and Pickle. Blu hasn't quite stopped his habit of being a blanket for poor Pickle.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 am

Ha ha ha to Blu the Blankie Pig!

Love that photo of Meribel up top -- looks like something out of Little House on the Prairie.

And Meribel was just waiting for Pa to come back in through the blizzard after driving the cows into the barn...

Congrats on the promo at work!

clairey

Post   » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:36 pm

That photo of Blu and (my darling) Pickle is priceless. Blu's face!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 am

I whistle before I feed my pigs their veggies every time. It's a habit I got from the days of having my boar group: Cashew, Koda, Mimic and Bailey who were allowed to explore the house regularly because it meant that if some-pig had decided to take a nap under a thing in another room the whistle would, without fail, have them up and wheeking with excitement while running back to their cage.

Last night, as usual, I whistled to announce dinner time and the herd responded by dashing excitedly forward to see what I had for them.

Wait a minute... aren't we missing somepig?
We have Maisie, Buddy (top)
Lolly and Meribel
Annie
Fizzpop
... we're missing one pig*.

Where on earth is SCRIBBLE?!
I soon did find him, but what made me laugh so much I had to take pictures to share this story is that when I whistled again to see if he would come over he wheeked quietly in response and then started to stuff his face with hay.

I could just imagine him sitting there feeling incredibly proud of himself "I've struck gold! Food whistle was sung and already I have found DINNER!" while missing the point that the whistle actually means "Veggies from the Sky!!"

And this is from a guinea pig who, at one year gotcha, has heard the piggy whistle EVERY TIME I have fed them! Apparently he's gotten use to me plunking veggies in front of his face.

He did eventually realise something was amiss.
And turned into Incognito Pig to steal the handful Fizz was happily eating.

Buddy since his illness has been doing fantastically and, of all the pigs, I have found him and Scribble playing with little baby Maisie the most. He seems to really like keeping an eye on her.

I have some BRILLIANT news about Meribel who broke her leg in December in a place that couldn't be set to heal. Guess who can now stand up on her hind legs to beg for veggies?!?!

And baby-Maisie, who stopped taking food from hands when her brother and sister left, has finally decided that people don't taint the lettuce. But the device I was using to photograph them meant she could only eat inside the house... until she finished her meal.

*Really we are now missing two pigs because our eldest lady, Allsorts became very, very unwell and passed on a few weeks ago.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:21 am

This page was slow to load and I noticed my plea for your pic at the top of the page! If you have a moment and can track it down, that would be super!!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:40 am

Lynx - thank you for the reminder. I've sent the picture to you in its original size!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Yay! May not test print it until much later but hoping it works!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:19 pm

"My name is Maisy and I am four months and twenty two days old. I live with my mummy, three aunty pigs, uncle Scribble and Grandpa Buddy. Today I went outside on the grass for the first time and I wasn't afraid."

"Grandpa Buddy told me all about the place outside where there was so much food the people didn't know where to put you so they just put you down on the food hoping you'd eat it all up for them! I decided I'd want to visit that kind of place very much so I asked mummy to ask the people if they'd let me go. Now I'm bigger I should be allowed to go."

"Our people said yes. But first it had to be sunny and when it was sunny it had to be not raining and then it had to be warmer! I don't see why it has to be so many things. Instead of visiting outside got to go up to our peoples room and spend time sleeping on the pillow. The pillow is NOT for eating and it's no fun."

"Yesterday it was sunny but then quickly it was cloudy and then it was raining. But today it was sunny..."

"I didn't even need the cat to tell me it was sunny because I found out for myself!"

"Finally true to her word, our people took us outside - just for half an hour she said. I don't know how long half an hour is so when she put the carrier back into the pen I thought it was time to go back inside but I didn't want to so we hid."

"But it was only everypig else coming outside because it was so warm in the sun!"

"An it's a good thing they all came outside too because the people was so busy taking our pictures that the aunties didn't believe she would do a good job of making sure I was safe. So they done a better job to show her."

"An she was focusing on all the wrong stuff anyway. She kept looking up at the birds overhead and trying to make lettuce grow and Grandpa Buddy had to step in and make sure the crackling coming from over there wasn't a Fire Monsta!" (next door neighbour was burning wood from a fence which had burned down. This deserved full alert-pig investigation but the actual predators did not. Sigh.)

"Well I think I said earlier that I don't know what rain was... well soon our people told us rain would start and by the time we were all packed up and the aunties were hoping we weren't now going to the vet, I could hear a pitter patter on the carrier roof."

"I think everypig worried themselves exhausted thinking we were going to the vet because after we got back they all lay down and fell asleep!"

"Well, I think that we should be replacing our cage flooring with some of that grass-lettuce food stuff so next time we come back home when the other pigs start to sleep I can get some tasty food eaten!"