Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 6

Sidera17

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Emma has the dramatic hair to be in one of those 19th century novels. *lol*

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 am

I am sure Tamago would like to live here! I'll send her a ticket :) Thanks! I hope you don't miss her too much :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 am

I do remember your last anniversary very well. I always imagined how cute it was when you guys were eating with sweet Mojo sitting with you in the restaurant : ) He was such a good boy.

If you make your trip up here around the end of August I should be able to send you home with some great tomatoes-organic, of course. I'm even growing an heirloom stripy orange one this year. Should be good.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Happy belated anniversary!

Sorry to read about Beibei but she's keeping on going as she doesn't want to check out yet, I know only too well the 'one day at a time' mantra. :o)

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Happy Belated Anniversary Momo and Ben!~

I hope Beibei stays healthy!
Tamago just looks so cute and clean all the time!
Emma, ohh I love that picture of you in Ninja Stance! Your hooman's custom cage liner is awesome too on that picture!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Bugsmom, we would probably be there aorund that time, I can't wait to see you again. :)
You have been most kind with our visit last time, feeding us ice-cold sodas and cakes.
Not to mention all the goodies too.
I don't have any surviving orchids to bring you though, not even ... one.

Since we had to cancel last year to a lats minute injury, we have a 1 year rain check to return, and pay a difference of $45.
I am very much looking forward to this trip.
Putting Buji,.. who can't swim,... on a plastic raft,... down a whitewater rapids.
*cough*

I have finally gutted out our kitchen, so I can show you with pictures of how our kitchens in the 2 cages are set up.
Lissie was the one who first started testing out this system and I soon followed. Again, this works perfectly for us,
but some might find it unbearable. Once we got the hang of it, we can do a complete weekly cleaning under an hour.
Both of our kitchens are made of coroplast.

Line the entire kitchen area with old newspaper.

Followed by a layer of puppy pads. I cut puppy pads into halves when needed to fit better.
There is a whole pad, and 3 halves in the our 2*2 kitchen.

Then , a layer of Carefresh.
We store our Carefresh in a storage bin under our cage. Our bin can hold 2 bags of Carefresh at once,
and I use a bucket to scoop up and move the Carefresh.

Tiles. You might need to trim your tiles to size, and since momo and craft knives do not go together,
Lissie was kind enough to measure and trim outs for us.

Tada, you are done! How simple was that?

Poopies, stray hay and food particles will stay on top of the mats. All you have to do is sweep them up daily,
and your kitchen would look just as new!

So now, a week has gone by… gee, how time flies!
All you need is a few things to make your day faster, easier.
A kitchen trash bag, a mini-sweeper, a spray bottle of water with a cap of bleachand paper towels.

Start by removing your hay bin, sweep up as much as yuckies on the mats, and remove the mats.
Throw the mats into the sink. They fit nicely into our kitchen sink so I do it over there Image

Very important, WEAR GLOVES.

Now, start scrubbing, and let the tiles rest for a few minutes.

Roughly rinse the tiles off with running water, then grab all your food bowls, water bottles and their what nots into the kitchen.
Refill the sink up with warm water, and add ½ cup of bleach.
Throw everything in, and yes, I mean everything.

RINSE everything thoroughly, starting with their cage accessories.
Go over the inner lips of your waterbottles with Q-tips to get rid of the gunk.

While you wait for everything to dry, go back to the cage and gut out the entire kitchen area.
Start by rolling up the layer of puppy pads underneath the Carefresh. Then roll up the newspaper.

This is the absolutely latest you need to remove your piggies from the cage.

Give the coroplast frame a good spray of the diluted bleach, and follow to dry it with paper towels.
While designing our latest cage, I made Emma’s kitchen as a sliding kitchen where I can slide the entire compartment
out to clean, so I won’t have to bend so much.
Since it is arranged in the same system as the main kitchen, it is cleaned following identical steps too.

Let me list the reason why I love this kitchen method
Hello, did I mention it only takes you an hour a week to completely clean, wash and reset?
The tiles keep the bedding down where the pigs can’t eat, digest or kick up. I use Carefresh/Yesterday news,
whichever I have at home, and with them undisturbed, you get a much better mileage out of them as odor control.
For the same reason, it cuts down on dust, so much so it shows up on our weekly air purifier cleaning! Saves me lots of wheezies!

Cleaning is tedious work, but I always find out piggies happy to play when you are cleaning. :)
And when it is all done, your piggies will thank you for a comfy home,..
And a clean kitchen area to munch hay in. :)

Geesh, the is the longest I ever spent working on a story...
Me tired.
Someone get me some cheetoes and a Pepsi! :)

Ooops, and before I forgot..!!! *which i did*
It is Cavyslave8's birthday today! :)

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 7:00 pm

So are those the Kiwi Tiles you're using?

Aw, thank you girls. *Mwah* Looking beautiful, as always and that looks like a little smile on Beibei's face.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Kiwi tiles indeed! :)

Tamago even slapped you 4 there!
The girls want to know now that they've done their job, where the yumyums at? :p

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks momo I've always wondered about your cages. I hope I'm not re asking a question but what are those tiles and where did you get them. The girls want to know as they keep making flinging wood stove pellets across their cage, and on many occasions scare themselves.

By the way, do you ever have problems with puppy pad chewing?

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Aiy... Eschimpf, I just remembered, I have a folder for you. I am so sorry, I totally forgot about it. Sorry, I am just so Mojo-ized these days.

I think Lissie got the tiles at http://www.kiwitile.com/products/
I hope she will soon log on and fill in the details, she was the one who started experimenting and introduced me to these tiles.
She will shortly post instructions on trimming those tiles.

With this system, I clean my kitchen only once a week, and a 50qt bag of Carefresh can last me 3 weeks, really stretches our budget.

The puppy pads are buried under the tiles so they can;t chew on it in the kitchen. But I do use it in our cages too, and so far, nobody has found them to be yumyums! :)

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I think this is first time I have ever seen one single poop in momo's cages - and that was limited to 4 poops on cage-cleaning day!

I'd like to get piggies like momo's that only poop 4 times in a week :o)

It seems like a nice setup.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 7:19 pm

*sigh*
For all the people who thinks my kitchen area is always clean...
and my piggies no poopies!

See, they do have healthy digestive systems! :)