The Princess and the Flower

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:58 pm

You've been so wonderful with these pigs. Princess is so lucky to have you. Rosie's a sweetheart, too. I'm glad that problem was solved since you already have your hands full with Princess. I hope this situation corrects itself soon.

tashab

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Schnikies! New page already?
I'm sad to say that Princess's story gets worse before it gets better, but it does get better in the end!
By Oct 21st, her buttons were out, and, while a little saggy, her ear was healed! I don't have any good pictures of it, as Princess has always hated having her ears touched - but here's what I do have

On Oct 22nd, we had a really difficult time getting Princess's right, hind foot wrap off. When we finally did get it off, her footie was swollen! Of course, this was after the vet office was closed! We soaked it warm water, wrapped it back up with gauze, and left a message to get an appt in at the vets office (which happened 2 days later).
We came home with painkillers, antibiotics, and a plan for foot soaks, in addition to the steroid, sulcrafate and immune booster she was already on. We started to wean her off the steroid, but when we did an x-ray on Nov 9th, the infection had gotten into her toe bones, and an amputation was scheduled.
The amputation of her toes went well, but Princess tried to take the IV line out herself, resulting in a second infection in her front right foot.
Here are her lovely blue bandages

Rosie was so happy to have her buddy back, she followed her everywhere, much to Princess's annoyance

Luckily, between ending the steroid, and adding a second antibiotic managed to save Princess's front footie, although three of her toenails did fall off.

Here's her back stump, all healed up

And just because I love to tickle her feeties when she does this, a Rosie-foot!

CavyConfusion
Cavy Slave since '05

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 am

I'm glad that Princess is doing better. (I'd be tempted to tickle that cute little foot of Rosie's too.)

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:18 am

Tashab, I have nothing but respect for you. I say that as a guinea mommy and as a rescuer.

tashab

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:38 am

*blushes*

chataignon

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:49 am

I agree with CavyCastle. I can't imagine how hard this all must have been for you. Princess is truly lucky to have you! I'm so glad things are better for her now.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:13 am

Well done for the good job you did!!!

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 pm

All good wishes for Princess and you! Hope she will be back to her beautiful self with her nice thick hair back again :)

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Poor Princess. :(

tashab

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Over the Christmas holidays, my girls had a big adventure - a trip to Grandma's house! We spent the holidays at my inlaws home, which is always loud and boisterous, between all the people, and the puppies. My MIL & FIL own a black labrador, named Fame, who is a sweet, sweet lovey. Unfortunately, this sucky dog is did, once, kill some baby bunnies in the mistaken belief that they were a new kind of toy. Precautions were definitely needed!

We packed up our store-bought cage and loaded everything up (barely!) into the MIL's vehicle for the hour long drive to Hamilton.

The girls spent most of their holiday safely behind a closed door in the basement bedroom, meeping and burbling at the new smells, sounds and sights. They were even introduced to Fame, who decided their poops were delicious and desperately wanted to lick them!

They were so tired from their holiday adventure (which sadly has no pictures as I forgot the camera on the coffe table - doh!), that this is what they did upon their return home

Princess snuggled right in with the food dish. You'd think we didn't feed her while we were on vacation!

Rosie had similar opinions on the room service on her holiday.

Silly, demanding girls.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 am

What a cute bowl! I hope they know how special and loved they are :-)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 pm

I love the bowl! Perfect for a little salad to tide one over : )