The Princess and the Flower

tashab

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I don't even know what to write, I'm heartbroken.
Princess had not taken well to the single life over the last few days since Rosie's passing. I've been hand-feeding her in the evenings, but she was still eating at least half her veggies on her own, with little prompting. She was also having mushy poos, but there was still a decent amount of through-put so I wasn't too concerned.

We arrived home about a half hour ago, and Princess was gone, so I guess whatever we were doing was not enough for her.

I'm so sorry that she had to go alone, without her cagemate or her humans. I woke up with a bad feeling this morning, but she seemed as good as she was all day yesterday, so I went to work anyway.

So . . . Princess, my spunky little fighter, I'm so very sorry. I wish you had stayed a little longer.

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Oh no, not Princess too!! I am so sorry tashab, you must be so heartbroken.

Breadfan4

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm

I am so, so sorry to read this. I feel horrible for you, but I am sure that Princess knew how much she was loved. RIP little piggy.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Not our beautiful Princess! She was such a brave fighter and I know you're heartbroken tashab. Rest well sweet beautiful baby. Say hi to Rosie and know there are many here who miss you both.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm so sorry. :(

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Oh no, this is too sad. I am so sorry.

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Oh, tashab, I'm so sorry. :(

pigwidgeon

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:52 pm

oh, my God. I just now caught up on your thread and I cannot express how sorry I am. I recently lost my Baozi and Ace is currently living as a lone pig, and I cannot imagine how hard it must be to lose them both. It sounds like they both had a wonderful life with you. I like to imagine they are frolicking on the bridge now with little Baozi.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 pm

That is terrible:-(

I am so very sorry.

RIP Princess!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Oh, I am so terribly sorry, Tashab. She was such a lovely girl and she was looking so wonderful with her hair finally growing out. You have my deepest sympathies.

Noellium

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your little furbabies, tashab, especially after losing Princess so close after Rosie's loss. They lived the best possible life with you and couldn't have asked for anything better.

Rest well, dear girls. <3

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

So sorry for your loss of Princess. I can't believe she's gone.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm so heartbroken for you. To lose both girls so close together is awful.
They had a beautiful life with you.
RIP Rosie and Princess.

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm so sad to read this.. I went back just 2 pages and smiled at Princess with her her hair growing out, she looks so beautiful. And I always loved Rosie's husband face, I just love your girls, Tashab :( I'm so sorry...this must be so hard for you, losing them both in such a short time. Thank you for sharing their stories and pictures, I'll miss them so much.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 am

Oh Tashab, I am so very sorry, how terribly sad . . . I know you must be heartbroken. I can't find any words of consolation but try and hang on to the thought that with you Princess had such a wonderful, happy life. I think I speak for all of us here - we were so proud of you getting her so fit and healthy. It was obvious how much you loved and cared for Princess AND Rosie, it has been a real privilege to share your joy of having these beautiful piggies in your life through these pages, and now we share in your grief.

Warmest hugs xx

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:40 am

Oh no tashab! I am so sorry.

Hugs to you. It is so awful losing two so soon together.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:12 am

Oh no, tashab. =( I can't even imagine losing two this close together.

RIP Princess
You looked so grand with all your new fur growth.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:12 am

Oh no, tashab. =( I can't even imagine losing two this close together.

RIP Princess
You looked so grand with all your new fur growth.

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:54 am

Oh Tashab :'(( I'm so, so sorry :( Princess missed her buddy too much, there was nothing you could have done and Rosie, well, it happens. I think whatever we do in the final moments, nothing is ever enough as it didn't save them. Sometimes they can not be saved though and that's the cruel side of it all. I'm sure she was glad you were there and Princess just wanted to go (I find animals go when we are not there when they decide to not go on).

When Scruffles was poorly she was so weak and floppy I could barely get water into her.. I felt bad about that too, but I would have felt worse if I hadn't. In the end it was her time and I'm glad we spent the last night with her on my chest on the sofa.

We can only do what we think is best. I'm very sorry they're gone though.........

serelixyue

Post   » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:00 am

Dear Tashab, I just wanted to add, when I first started reading your thread such a long time ago, I used to not be able to remember their names the right way, it's not like Alden's Snickers, whose colors are pretty self explanatory, so every time I look at Princess, I'd see her rosey pink face and ears and think nono, she MUST be Rosie. Then I look at your Rosie and she looks like a chubby princess so she must be Princess! Either way...I really adore them both :(

768 posts