The Princess and the Flower

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun May 16, 2010 4:11 am

Is it just the camera angle, or does Princess really have a fine dusting of hair on her nose?

tashab

Post   » Sun May 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Good eye CavyCastle! Princess does have a really fine bit of hair on the end of her nose! It's almost like dandelion fluff and really really hard to photograph. It was very exciting for us, since we'd never seen hair on that part of her nose ever.

Princess spent the better part of the last two weeks with an ear infection, which meant that she spent a lot of time napping on the couch with me.

A whole bunch of antibiotic later, and she's feeling right as rain.

Her front foot, which had the case of bumblefoot right after the amputation of her back toes, is getting toenails back! They're growing in a little wonky, but it was a lovely surprise, since we were fairly certain those toes would remain toenail-less permanently.

Our lucky girls also convinced their daddy to make them some new toys out of the boxes the latest cage liners from Jen came in.
So we have a new tunnel

Which is very popular, and apparently very hard to share

We also have a new house. Which they somehow managed to flip completely upside-down.

I think what they're trying to say is "Hey! Human! Fix our playhouse!"

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun May 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Glad to hear the toenails are growing back! Princess is so cute! She looks like a little sheep in the bottom pics!

LainLockey

Post   » Mon May 17, 2010 1:44 am

Glad to hear that little Princess peeg is feeling better.
Oh and a little wonky or not I think that those are some mighty cute toesies! I'm not sure I ever noticed Rosie's paws, I love that one is black and the other white!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon May 17, 2010 3:06 am

I thought about a mini sheep too when I saw those pics. Glad to see them having fun!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Oh my, you can see the feistiness just oozing out of those eyes! hehehe

Toe nails! Yays!

tashab

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Princess has decided that snuggling in a blankie is one of the greatest things ever.
Feet!
We're really watchful of her feet since her amputation - they're redder than Rosie's, but *knock on wood* no problems with them so far.

We've also been giving her the occasional extra dinner since her ear infection, just to be extra sure she keeps her weight up. From the look on her face, she'd still try to convince you we starve her!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 pm

She is so cute :) You rock, Princess!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Look at how thick and lush her coat looks! She's round, good skin color. WOW! :)

tashab

Post   » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Over the Victoria Day weekend (also known as May 2-4) some lucky pigs got some new grids for an outdoor pen.
So, while the humans had bbq just off camera, some lucky girls got to eat grass while hanging out on the patio.

Naturally, the camera died right before they decided to snuggle in for side-by-side naps in the fresh air.

Later in the week, as the rain started to come down, couch snuggling took the place of lounging in the sun

Who could refuse snuggles to this little face?
Especially when she's begging you to refill the container of salad yumyums?

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:14 am

"Please sir, can I have some more...?
Insert cute face, puppy eyes and the look of a starving piggy.

LainLockey

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 am

Oh Rosie looks so sweet in that last picture!
She's trying hard for more noms!

tashab

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Have I mentioned that you are all wonderful people?
I've been very leery showing our little Princess to people I don't know very well, because she's such an unusual looking pig, aside from being a partial amputee. I'm still a little nervous about posting photos of her in Cavy Chat, due to all the newbies that show up there.
I've gotten some very *searches for right words* . . . let's go with rude comments on the few videos I've posted on Youtube, until I untagged them. I know she a) can't hear them and b) doesn't understand them, but they really bother me.
I'm glad that you all seem to agree that she's still a cutie-pie. She's very dear to me.

In other updates, can you believe that Rosie is now 1300 grams?! I've taken to calling her Fatty-Boom-Booms when picking her up.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:31 pm

I don't understand how anyone could make "rude" comments about your girls. They're adorable and show the great love and care you take of them!

chataignon

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:25 pm

People are rude. To me, Princess is still an adorable little piggy. When I first saw a picture of her I was intrigued, not grossed out. I still feel bad for her, but it doesn't stop her from being cute. I enjoy your pictures, and I'm in awe of how you've been able to help Princess.

Also, I'm glad Rosie is starting to fill out! ;)

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

I think she is a very sweet pig. I know how much you care about her too!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:13 am

Grr to those people!

Smiles to cute girlies and good mommy!

LainLockey

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:49 am

I like Rosie's new nickname. My Bruce recently pushed past the 3lb mark and has since been referred to as Chub Chub.

Princess is a very sweet and special little pig and I think she's adorable - little pink nose and all! I'm sorry that anyone has said anything otherwise to you. You are one of the most dedicated piggy mommies ever!

I know first hand how hard it is sometimes to ignore someone's rude comments. A few weeks ago maintenance was entering our condo units to service our A/Cs and the service men came in and immediately remarked on my piggies (without realizing I was home). One said that they couldn't understand why anyone would want such filthy, stinky rodents as pets and the other replied "Yea, they are f*ing nasty and probably diseased." - while sticking their fingers in their cages?! I know that my piggies didn't understand what was being said but in addition to being offended I was sad for them :( What almost made up for it was the absolute shock and shame on the men's faces when I came downstairs and they realized I'd heard them.

Kallie

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:12 am

Tashab, don’t let these rude people get to you. I have also been in your shoes with comments that are hurtful. I heard it all with Stevie who was a lethal, on how cruel I was being for allowing him to live such a horrible life being blind and deaf etc. I also heard it about Timmy many times on how evil and nasty I am for putting him through so many surgeries and making him suffer. That I should just “start over” and stop being so selfish.

When I first saw photos of what Princess looked like many months ago, I was horrified. Not by how she looks, but by how someone could let this sweet little girl get this bad. To see how she’s improved so much thanks to your wonderful care speaks volumes to her spirit and her personality .. and for the love you have for this little girl. It is more then obvious that Princess is very happy and far healthier then she was.

When ever Lain and I get together, we always talk about Princess, how beautiful is and how great she is doing. Anyone who loves pigs can easily see how beautiful Princess is, both inside and out. We always also talk about how we wish you would one day bring her by the store for us to meet her.

Whether Princess is missing a limb and some fur or not, that changes nothing. She is such a beautiful girl regardless and nothing can change that to those of us who truly love guinea pigs. For the rest of the idiots that can’t see beyond the physical, they can kiss my *ss. You’re proud and love her very much and you have every right to show her off to the world. Don’t back away from that because of some hateful words from some jerk.

tashab

Post   » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Aw see? Definitely lovely, wonderful people :)

That sucks about the maintenance guys Lain! Hopefully they felt suitably ashamed of themselves.

I can't imagine anyone saying anything bad about Timmy - he's such a sweet looking pig!
I keep meaning to at least take myself over to your store Kallie - we live out near Christie, and I work even further west, so I don't always think of going past Yonge :S
I'm definitely going to make the time to visit your store before the summer is over! Hopefully before July even!

768 posts