A tale of one pig...and his new found slave!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:29 am

I have been following his medical thread and so glad to read that he's doing well. I know you will continue to keep a close watch as he recovers. those are lovely pics of him enjoying grass. He's a very fortunate piggy.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:12 am

Heal fast Patrick!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:50 am

I can't believe it, my nightmare is finally over Patrick is alive, I have my floor back and can use my wardrobe again hip hip hooray!

For those of you that don't know, Patrick has suffered from Chronic inflammation of the bladder wall which was diagnosed as IC (Interstitial Cystitis). He has been routinely Xray'd since May 2011 in this time he has passed blood daily. I've lost count of how many vet visit's and how many medicines we have tried but most recently he was found to have stones within his Ureter.

After a 1 and half hour GA, Patrick came round and at first it was touch and go, 14 days on and I have my Patrick back, he's now back with his friend and it's almost like nothing ever happened.

Does this remind you of anyone?

Back with his friend..

I am most certainly a happy slave - we may have had up's and down's but I am so happy he made it and most importantly it may be to early to say but Patrick does not appear to be squeaking when urinating anymore :<>.

Was it worth it, of course it was who couldn't not try and save little Patrick?!

I think our timing was impeccable, considering the fact the stones where truly stuck in the ureter and would have brought on kidney failure!

Thank you for everyone's support.

xxx

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am

Fantastic! Just FANTASTIC :)))))

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:35 am

That is indeed fabulous!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 am

Well done everyone. Great to see Patrick and Pebbles getting along again after being separated.

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:51 am

Oh Patrick! Well done you gorgeous boy! <3 Now be good and stay healthy the rest of your days! x

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Wonderful. They are such gorgeous boys.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:28 am

Great!! Lovely pic!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks everyone, It's 5 weeks since P's operation on Monday!

Here's a little video taken from today, I would advise watching with sound on :).

Patrick is a very special pig!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 pm

That's so cute! I wish I had a 'wheeker'. Two of my girls are squealers and one is a snapper. :D

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:57 pm

What cute faces!