A tale of one pig...and his new found slave!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:31 pm

It all started with an accidental visitor to Pets at Home.

I saw the most stunning piggy. With a notice "needs home with someone who has time". At 18 months. He looked terrified and miserable I had to have him!

Introducing Fred.

Who could possibly not love him?

I now had my first ever pig! Was I prepared for what would happen next?!

chataignon

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 pm

I like seeing new Chronicles threads.

He is such a cutie, I can't wait to see/hear more!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 am

Welcome!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 am

Thank you for the lovely welcome, I'm not very good at stories but I am trying :)!

Fred was home.

I got Fred home, he was a lovely boar, but absolutely terrified, he spent his time hiding in his house. I never seen him :(. I had planned Fred to be a lone pig, as he was already on his own, so I'm sure he could live happily.

I tried to interact with Fred as much as I could he just wasn't interested, we would have laptime together which consisted of my man Freezing. He never made a sound, there was no wheeks for veg. There was no piggy coming to get his veg. If it wasn't for the fact his veg was gone when I got home, I would have argued there was no pig! He never ever explored his cage when I was home :(.

Laptime...

Fred was so small weighing 839grams.

I knew I had to do something, but what?!

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Oh Fred! He had big cheeks!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 pm

He has model cheek bones haha!! Thats why he's so skinny he's going for the size 0 look!! *Rolleyes*.

Surprise visitor?

Fred_and_co

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Marvin... a 10 week boar i got from a breeder to befriend Fred. As I could not find a baby boar anywere. I was desperate.

Marvin and Fred hit it off, all was well... Until I put them in the cage. Fred started chattering (deafening and lunging), Marvin was Squealing it was awful!!

I had to separate... Now what?!!

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm

You got them a bigger cage hehe I love Fred! I'm surprised you call an 839 pig a skinny pig. My girls are just somewhere around 800+ at 6 months :(

chataignon

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Marvin is quite handsome.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:21 am

Such sweeties!!!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Cavyprincess, thats a good weight for your girls, I call Fred a skinny pig because he is a fully grown Boar and they are normally bigger.

Thank you for all the nice comments :). Marvin was a cheeky chap.

Re-introductions

After my first failed attempt I decided to redo the bonding once more, it was the only option.

First time round I did it in the bath, so I decided bigger space was needed. Bathroom floor :)!!

I left them both on the bathroom floor, with food, water and of course hay for 36 hours.

All went well.. and they were introduced to the cage!!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Bathtime fun