A tale of one pig...and his new found slave!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Oh, the poor little pig! Rinse them off with warm sterile saline solution in the meantime. Watch for any signs of infection. I imagine the vet will examine them all and especially look for any that are particularly deep and need more thorough cleaning and monitoring.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm

I can't stop thinking about what must have happened. It's never happened before clearly. I just keep going over it in my mind. Patrick had been seen off so too speak or chased into the hayloft. As my other pigs were in the main cage and both came to greet me as normal. I don't understand how the doors opened or why he went into the hayloft were he could be cornered so easily. He could have got out the cage but yet he didn't. Thankfully his wife didn't give my grieve when he was united but he is so quiet tonight but I don't blame him.

Wilma is perfect not a scratch on her, I guess Fred was protecting his wife and his territory. I have a vet appointment for Patrick tomorrow he's ment to be having an X-ray but I don't want to put him through that straight after today. I'll have to speak to the vet I would much rather let him settle first.

I'm very sad, this could of been avoided but hindsight is a wonderful thing, if I could turn the clock back I would.

I just sobbed and hugged Patrick when I got him out and gave him lots of veg.

I imagine he was pretty shocked after his fall and thats when Fred leaped. MY poor boys, it's nature.

One thing I know for sure it will never happen again!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 pm

I bet he knows it was an accident. He knows you love him.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:58 am

We look much better this morning although Patrick is still stand offish. Freds wounds do seem worse this morning but we are off to see the vet to have a proper check over!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:07 am

I haven't posted about Patricks health but he was booked into the vet already, as he has been crying when passing urine again. She felt his bladder but was unable to do anything as he was in pain which you could tell.

He's booked in for an Xray Monday. which they agreed to no GA!

The wounds from the fight are fine although I've just to keep an eye on them.

I did notice scabs on Freds foot which I also got checked, it looks to be the start of Bumblefoot.

We're not having a good month!

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:13 pm

aww. Not our dear Fred. Look at that face! Just a few weeks ago he was burping up that grape:O I hope all goes well, Fred's mommy:)

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Poor Fred and Patrick! Hope they both recover quickly <3

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Fred this morning.. His Chin.

His eye is still the same, Patrick looks perfect and we're all had grass time and lots of cuddles, not too mention Sorry's!

Sidera17

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Oh, the poor boys. Fred was guarding his wife. Are Patrick's teeth okay? Sometimes they can break them when they fall.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Patricks teeth are perfect and the swelling has went down considerably :).

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:20 am

Wew, glad to hear that!!

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:21 am

Oh poor boys! It was an accident though, so don't blame yourself! I know it's hard not to though! ((Big hugs to everyone))