Life In The Pigpen

clairey

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh yes, his usual good humour soon returned. He's proven himself to be a bit of a piggy bright spark recently too. Stephen gets there in the end with the Teach 'n' Treat but it's a scattershot approach, Robert actually shows a bit of a grasp of cause and effect in the way he noses the disc around. I also tried him with a treat/pellet dispensing ball for bunnies that I've had for a while. Neither Stephen nor Alan ever caught on to the concept so it's been gathering dust. Bobsicle got it right away and happily nosed it round the cage for ages to get pellets. He's a smart little cookie. Though Stephen wandered along behind him and snaffled all the pellets Bobs missed in his happy rompings so it's debatable who is actually cleverer.

Since Robert's New Year bath, a strangeness has come over him. His hair is growing down the way with minimal up-sticking!

Image(His head is to the left!)

Who would have thought? I prefer him with short crazy hair - as well as suiting his character better it's much more fun to pet - but it's keeping him extra cosy for now. He's like a little hot water bottle.

His pretty kissy face.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Oh my.

OH MY!

Robert . . . . LIPS! Swoon!

Apart from that gorgeous hunk'o'piggy portrait photo, I had to look twice when I landed on the thread. I thought, 'why has clairey got a little dog'?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly did think that!

And too many funnies . . . Haha! If that is Robert with minimal up-sticky hair, ok . . . Side on, then look from the front! He is wild (and hot water-bottly to boot)!!!

And have you booked his place at uni yet? He is so clever, I always thought he would be though!!!

You made my day, clairey! And Robs!!

I really want a Robert :)

clairey

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:52 pm

He reminds me of a little hairy terrier or something too. His bum-tuft does look like one of those fluffy tails.

I've never been sure if he was clever or if I maybe just do things in a similar way to his old human or something but it does seem he learns really quickly (in piggy terms anyway!).

You can visit Robert but he's going nowhere!

goosey1019

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I am so in love with Robert.

clairey

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm

The snoozy scene 10 minutes ago.

(That's Robert's head towards the camera, he's flopped out.)

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Ohhhhh the leeps. The leeps, the leeps, the leeps. *faints*

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Stephen's all, "keep your fluff on YOUR side of the blanket!"

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Robert is looking great and loved the last pic, together with Alden's very apt comment.

Breadfan4

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Robert's little face made my night! He might look less "crazy-furred" in the first picture, but that head on one - he looks exactly the same as he did before, with that sweet face. He and Stephen really make quite a handsome pair of pigs!

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 am

I am also in love with Robert and all his crazy fur.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 am

I would like to be the Bobsicle Fan Club President. Thank you.

I think, clairey, that last photo belongs in the Piggie is Not Impressed folder over in Cavy Chat, along with a caption incorporating Alden's observations.

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 am

Clairey, I love how you have to identify which end is front in the picture of Bob! He did look like a small dog, I did a double take.

I absolutely LOVE his pink lips!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 am

Back for a top up!

Yes! A Fan Club!!

And can anyone see a resemblance to a certain Johnny Depp in the portrait pic? You don't even have to squint much!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Bobsicle! I love your nicknames for him as much as I love him! What a cutie.

Why yes Mildred, I do see a resemblance to my favorite pirate man! :)

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 pm

I have been in love with 2 Roberts. One was a boy. The other is your piggy. :)

clairey

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Bobs needs a battered pirate hat!

Ibepatience - I mistake his bum for his face at least once a day even now. I blame his white rump stripe. In photos it's even harder to know one end from t'other!

His pink lips were the final nail in my coffin. I was trying to do a pro and con list in my head when deciding to adopt him (the con list was the longest), then I saw his pink lips and it was a done deal.

Edited to add - Robert is steadily gaining on Stephen. He weighed in at 1200g last night (he was 950g at his lowest), Stephen averages 1275g. I'm sure Robert's grown a little too. He's longer and a bit taller than Stephen now and Stephen is fairly big.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Wow. Big boarly boar! Yes, needs tattered pirate hat, arrrrrr...

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Come to me, Bobbins. I have a pirate hat for yooooou!

clairey

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I tried to get a photo of 2 napping pigs but Robert stirred.

"Hi! Are you bringing treats? You've come over to bring treats, haven't you? I like treats. Where are the treats?"
*sigh* No, Robert, no treats.
Stephen stirs.

"No treats? Ha, I know you're only teasing. I'm your Bobbins, your Bobble. I am Bobsicle! And I'm really cute! Cute needs treats."

Stephen - "Hang on, did he say treats? Did he get treats? Do I get treats?"

Robert - Mwahaha! She can never resist it when you get involved.

And lo, there were treats.

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm

I agree with Bobbins, cute needs treats!

981 posts