As Told By Maggie - The Story of a Crazy Mommy

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:18 am

Lovely pictures!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 am

Lovely Christmas pics. Indra Clause is welcomed at my ome for cilantro and carrots anytime.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:09 am

Adorable pics!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:08 am

Hehe! Great photos and a wonderful balancing act with the santa hat! Happy Christmas to you all :)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Adorable festive pics!

maggiemae

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Mommy misses Lucy... :(

maggiemae

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:50 am

A LOT has happened to Mommy in the last couple months. More than anyone knows. She hit some really low points, but through everything she has decided to rise above it all instead of fall victim to her own feelings.

Mommy decided, with or without support from anyone, she is going to work on herself for a while. Daddy is probably 100% out of the picture now (and with that goes Sunshine). Mommy hopes some day he will figure out his life. She worries about him and wishes some day she can be there for him and help him figure things out, despite everything.

So what is the goal?

To embrace her piggy love:
Apparently this makes her unique and not weird. Who knew?

To reconnect with old friends and be there for them:
You can never count on people always being around but life is so much better surrounded by people who love you.

To meet new people:
Tomorrow Mommy is going to go meet some new people and step out of her shell. Maybe she will make a new friend.

And, last but not least..

::drum roll::

Give me (Sophie) complete control over piggy picture postings!

I am a master at the keyboard!

Let’s see… So we got our Christmas pressies! We love our popcorn bin!

Indra liked it a little TOO much so I had to ninja it.

Ohh, me skoozie….

We all settled into our usual after the excitement was all over..

Yeah… Like I said..
The usual….

Maggie hasn’t been taking treats from Mommy at all. She hasn’t lost weight, and obviously is eating just fine from the looks of things. Mommy is going to keep her eye one things. Maggie is such a diva. Who knows!

We hope everyone here has an awesome New Year and Mommy thanks everyone for all of the kind words.

Now its time to go ni-night!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:10 am

Aw! Happy 2012 to you too, all of you :) What a wonderful collection of pigs 'n' beds!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:16 am

A Happy New Year to everyone human and 4 footed! I love the popcorn bed.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm sorry maggiesmom. I have had a very bad year too, so I have looked to the pigs as well. I hope 2012 is much better for you.

A thing I've noticed about "special/diva" pigs. Is Maggie your "closest" pig? I have noticed that with my closest one, Spike (who is also a diva), he can tell when something is off with me. I don't know how and I don't know why, but he can. And sometimes he gets in a funk about it more than the other pigs do because he's really bonded to me. Maggie might actually be fussy and such because she is senses something is wrong. It's like, the pig acts weird, but is perfectly healthy. I'm not a vet, but I swear some pigs can tell.

maggiemae

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks.

She was the first of them all. She is very close to me. She is doing a whole lot of funny things.

She wont leave her hidey houses unless it is to eat or terrorize a piggy (meaning she wont come out to see ME like she used to).

She used to be the best begger and she did tricks for treats. She cries when I take her out of her cage but when I put her back she is happy.

I have no idea. Nothing about it seems physical though because it doesn't have that consistency to it. Some stuff she is really good about and some things she just gets a HUGE attitude about.

Maybe she is picking up on me. I remember once a year or so ago I freaked out because she wasn't taking treats so my ex walked up and she took a million from him, but wouldn't take any from me.

She has such an attitude. Haha.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I was in grad school for the summer, and I took Spike up there to live with me. My other two pigs stayed at home, but they all live in separate cages, so none of them are bonded.

In the first two weeks, I was really busy adjusting/moving in, and I couldn't give Spike as much attention. Plus, he was in my room, instead of being in his usual "hub of activity" spot in the living room. After a couple days, he started snubbing certain foods, not eating in front of me, not eating the stuff directly from my hand. Nothing was physically wrong with him, but he started losing weight.

I finally solved this problem by making sure I spent two hours every evening in the same room with him. Sure enough, he perked up and started eating like a horse again. It was solely that he was mad I wasn't giving him as much attention!

When my parents came to visit, he snubbed my father-- the one who fed him the most at home! I had no problems with my other two when I came home. Sometimes those "special" pigs are very attached!

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:35 am

Beautiful piggy pics. So sorry about the tough times. I'm climbing up from a few of those myself this year and I know it can be a struggle.

maggiemae

Post   » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:13 am

Thanks for sharing Sidera. I think she is just, adjusting to things. We haven't even lived here that long. Maybe its a combo of things.

Tex- Thanks so much. I know you have had a very hard year as well. You've been in my thoughts. I hope everyone can get a better start to this year. :)

rpaws

Post   » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:56 pm

maggiemae,

I hope 2012 is a very good year for you.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:36 am

Love the popcorn bin!

maggiemae

Post   » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Look what Mommy found going through her old stuff!
But what IS it?

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:01 am

A toy mouse.

maggiemae

Post   » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:21 pm

A toy mouse?

It sure doesn't SMELL like a mouse.

I think I will just eyeball it from a distance........ That seems safest..

Well WE weren't that impressed it but Mommy was sure excited about it!

Mommy told me her and her Mommy made that toy mouse when she was 7 years old. It is the first thing she ever sewed! Which means a lot to her. We think it is funny she chose a small furry animal for her first project. Figures right? She has since moved on from making small furry animals, to making things FOR small furry animals. ;)

Whew, eyeballing that mouse was serious business.. I think I'm hop my fat booty over to Mommy for some TV watching now..
(Seriously.... I am kind of horrified at how much room one fat little booty can take up.. I almost couldn't get all of her in the picture!)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 am

Ha ha, talk about proportions. She's definitely not small. Looks like she was really comfy and spread herself all out.

178 posts