As Told By Maggie - The Story of a Crazy Mommy

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 am

I love that kitty!

maggiemae

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Maggie does indeed have some odd colored hair. Without a light on it, it is all black. With light her hair is a bunch of different colors. It has something to do with the type of hair she has and not so much the actual color of it. If that makes sense...

Maggie is glad you guys like her video! :)

Travelingirl916

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:19 pm

That is very cute! How did you teach her the trick?

maggiemae

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks!

Well I used to give them kisses all the time and they would give me looks like I was THAT mom who spit shines their kids faces in public.

After a while I would ask for a kiss, give it and then give a treat. After a while she would sit there and put up with me which was funny and as time progressed she would run up and give them.

It is funny because when you decide to stop with the kisses sometimes she will keep trying for more treats so she practically smothers you and then looks around for her treats.

Maggie is my only piggy whose attitude is toleration. She tolerates us without an ounce of fear in her body and when she is done tolerating us she lets us know. The rest all work on the normal spectrum of bits and pieces of trust and love. ;)

Travelingirl916

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 am

That is so neat and cute! I think I will try that out!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am

OMG, that's too cute!!!!

maggiemae

Post   » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Hello!
As an update by yours truly:

Maggie won a Pets Jubilee photo contest with her piggy tricks! As a result "Sadie Pants Ms Sassy Kitty Kitty Face" got a ton of fun stuffs to play with, as did Mommy. Maggie was VERY excited about her winning.

Mommy made us an AWESOME new tunnel, big enough for two!

We went to great grandmas to meet some new friends!

Eat some grass!

And Maggie did her best turkey imitation yet!
"Did you get it? Could you see my tail? How was the angle? GOOD!"

But eventually Maggie got annoying... So Mommy put her in time out..

And I know what you are thinking. That was some time out.. She probably LOVED sitting there alone eating grass.. But Maggie still doesn't know... I got extra nummies!

Now that Mommy is around more, and has more time, she promises many more updates. However, for now, it has been a long day. Mommy is worrying and fussing over my back icky and she says it is time for a nap.....

If only Maggie would go away... She is so needy sometimes..

maggiemae

Post   » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Chirp alert!

I woke Mommy up again this morning. Mommy sat there and watched me chirp until my little voice went out and I was blowing little gusts of air out.

Why-o-why do I do this? Mommy wishes she knew.

Oh and what is this?!?! Mommy cheated on us at the fair today?!?

Mommy almost stole her a ferret today!

She would never REALLY do that.... Right?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 am

No, perish the thought. I'm sure you 2 are still mommy's favourites despite the incriminating photo.

maggiemae

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:13 am

We ARE Mommies favorites! We just know it from our adorable piggy faces right on down to our yummy little toes!

Mommy must have been bored lately because when daddy came over to watch some football (cough) she announced we were having a piggy taste testing contest!

Why would we do this you ask? That is a good question! Aside from boredom and all that crazy Mommy owns, Mommy wanted to know which of the TOTAL piggy SPAZZ food was our favorites.

It started with a mouthwatering plate.

Upon the entrance of this mouth watering gift from heaven we both started climbing the walls of our cage trying to find the source of the aroma filling our piggy noses.

Enough was enough! Mommy had to let us out!

So we start with the contestants... Us..

And what is a taste test with out the foodies?!?
Oooh those all look so yummy!!

So sure enough, Mommy blows a whiff of those bad boys towards us and off shoots Maggie!

MMMMMmm Cantaloupe! I think we have a winner for Maggie. (As Mommy predicted)

Oh course, I hang back.. I have to make sure everything is okay and that Mommy didn't poison it or something.. I am ALWAYS suspicious of her...

So when I see she hasn't passed out or plain fallen over dead I try to sneak in for the steal.
Come on Maggie! Share!

But when Mommy wouldn't let me steal I wandered up and grabbed my own.
::clears throat:: Clearly the anticipation had built up a little... My excitement got the better of me. I LOVE cantaloupe!!!

Next, Maggie was done and was moving on to her next selection. What would it be? Carrots or Apple?...

Apple! As if Mommy couldn't have guessed...

Sadly, as excited as I was to get my nummies, Maggie scarfed hers down like a true piggy! So before I finished my cantaloupe Maggie moved on from her apple, tried to find my piece (Mommy took it before she could snag it) and finished off her amazingly horrible for her snack with a carrot.

I was sooo full from the cantaloupe I almost couldn't think of eating another bite!

Okay, so maybe I could.... ::cough::

Thank GOODNESS Mommy's camera died before she got any MORE pictures of my lady-like eating habits!

So Mommy's predictions were accurate. We would jump out of our cage, through a lions mouth, through a field of snakes and over a bed of nails for some cantaloupe, scream and cry for some apple and look cute and happy begging for some carrots.

I don't think I have ever eaten so much sugary goodness at one time in my life. I get the feeling we wont see any more fruit for a while but it was SO worth it, wasn't it Maggie?

Nom Nom Nom....

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 am

Loved the latest pics of the taste test. My girls haven't tried rocl melon but am sure that will be a hit here as well.

maggiemae

Post   » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:32 pm

It has certainly been an adventure since our last update!

Don’t mistake this amazing outfit for having anything at all to do with them. Mommy is just REALLY mean.

Mommy started her second year of teaching, but this time it is FULL TIME! Teaching art full time seems to make her happy. While some of her high school students make her a drained zombie by the end of the day, a lot of them inspire and motivate her as well. Couldn’t ask for a better balance right?!?

She also moved! NOW we have all the space we could possibly ask for! Mommy is waiting for Christmas break to design a super mega awesome cage. Now that she has the money, she has lots of very cool ideas!

We gained and “lost” some family members. Mommy and Daddy parted ways a couple days ago. Sunshine and Lucy are staying with Daddy. Mommy will miss them all a lot. However, trying to stay positive, we had also since added a new member of the family!

Meet Sophie!

Sophie is the old lady of our group. Not a lot is known about her. She was given up by a family who had her for about 3-4 years. Sophie is a very interesting guinea pig. It took Mommy a while to get over her odd, but awesome behavior.

Sophie was overly friendly. She ran up to the front of the cage immediately. She crawled all over you for food. She ate everything that even remotely resembled food. She let you pick her up with little fuss as long as you did it slowly.

Mommy at one point suspected something was odd about Sophie. She did a bunch of tests from the internet and Sophie showed every sign of being blind. While she is very happy and friendly, she always amazes Mommy with her odd behaviors at times. Mommy also has to be very careful as Sophie has also tried to jump out of the bathtub, has run into walls and has no concept of height.

Despite all of that, Sophie is also VERY independent. Mommy let them loose in her apartment one night so she could clean their cage. Indra and Maggie sat in the corner looking around at where they COULD go. Sophie explored the WHOLE apartment. Mommy found her in the end taking a nap next to her bed. COMPLETELY zoinked out, leg out, head down, eyes closed.

We have also been SUPER busy. We all, Mommy included, decided to put our passions to the test. Mommy has been making, selling and donating piggy stuff. We have been busy at work modeling them!

SUCH a busy life right?!?!

It sure is a good thing we get perks from it!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Good to see an update. Congratulations on getting a nice big place to live in. You'll love it!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful, maggiemae! That top one (funny outfit) would be a fab calendar possibilities pic if you're at all interested in submitting it for 2013!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Where did you get those cute beds for your herd? I enjoyed the pictures of your little ones.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 am

Congrats on moving to a new place and on the addition of Sophie. She looks like a sweet girl.

maggiemae

Post   » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks!

I would be happy to submit my picture as a possible calendar photo. I just have to figure out how. I will look, I remember seeing something about that once.

I'm glad you think the beds are cute, I made them for them! :)

I still have to take some Christmas photos. I was going to do Christmas cards but I don't really want to anymore. It just doesn't sound like as much fun to do them alone. But I think I am still going to take some pictures so keep an eye out. I can't wait to try and take a group photo with all three of them. Two was hard enough!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 am

Cool! You can email it here:

Include your board name, the name and sex of your guinea pig and anything else you care to add about him (her?).

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:51 am

Oh, how did I miss several updates here? I love your pics!! The Pig-Turkey made me laugh so hard!

178 posts