Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 8

Topaz

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:00 pm

That looks great, Momo!

One suggestion(not that you asked). I would be tempted to cut that loft choroplast lower to match the ramp height and width. I had to do that with my girls because hopping over at the top of the ramp was too scary for them. I also drape a piece of fleece from inside the loft and then partially onto the ramp for a very easy transition.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah, that was actually my other thought, that they have to go up and then kind of hop to the side.

onetwo

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Maybe a covered ramp will make him feel less exposed??? Poor B. His little brain cannot under stand how to process the ramp. My piggies were ramp-disabled as well I ended up putting up grids at 3 square heights to get my piggies to use the upper level...

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:19 pm

My way of getting pigs up things was usually to take a veggie such as a carrot. Drag it up the ramp so it leaves a scent trail. Maybe do this twice. Leave carrot up top and let pig discover sent trail.

The alternative is hold carrot about 4 inches away from pigs mouth. Keep on moving it back as they go for it. Usually they don't realize they're going up a ramp. Veggies trump all.

I trained piggies to go up stairs by doing this. (Also female piggies on the upper steps worked to, but I think little Bernie is pretty acclimated to Ms. Emma.)

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Love the cage!

Go Bernie, go! ;)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:33 pm

I love the "where do you think you're going McChicken" look Emma has on her face ; )

I also love how Mojo seems to be watching Bernie on the ramp! Too cute.

Topaz

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Here's what I mean about the transition between the ramp and the loft:

My girls are chickens. After Diamond died, I downsized and made a smaller loft and ramp. It didn't work. No one wanted to go up it. It was too narrow and steep. Your ramp looks perfect. Wide and gradual. Only thing is the hop over the top.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Love the picture of Diamond. She was such a sweet pretty girl.

Topaz

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 pm

I know. :( I miss her SO much. There will never be another like her. :( Feeling very sad about her as of late.

Lynx's picture is beyond beautiful. I look at it every day and think of my Diamond girl.

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 am

staying very tuneed

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:05 am

My left wisdom tooth is out!! It hurt really bad...my whole left side was swollen :( My right one is still....sprouting....

Poor Bernie, he's always staring pitifully at the ground in his photos, lol. Come on Berno...look up!! *kish*

GuineaPinny

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:09 am

is Sere on pain-killers??