Ramblings of the checkerboard pigs!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 am

Oh, I am so terribly sorry, poppycorn. What a lovely and well-loved girl she was.

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Dear Claire, oh! :'( I'm so...so so sorry! :( I feel so sad. Poppy and Dusty have become an item together. I always love spotting who's who...I just feel so bad for you, especially that you weren't there. I'm really going to miss her, give us a wheek from the rainbow bridge Dusty :(

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm very sorry that Dusty is gone. She was so cute and photogenic, and had a very expressive face. My heart goes out to you.

tashab

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm so sorry about Dusty :(

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Looks at all these pictures, what a sweet face and wonderful little pig.
I am so sorry, I know how much you will miss her silly face, the innocent eyes and the way she loves on you.

We have all come to see them as a pair Poppy and Dusty, wishing Poppy well wishes and hope she is doing okay without her best friend...

poppycorn, I am so sorry,...

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm sorry. :(

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Fluffy and Snowy send some piggie cuddles to you and Poppy. We're so sorry for your loss :(

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Thank you everyone. I also want to say to Mildred how sorry I am and I hope that you and Ian have found comfort in Fairy, as I have in Popcorn. It's hard and painful and boy does it suck a whole lot but cuddles help - cuddles always help. <3

Today we got Poppy and Thumper home; they'd been staying with some friends while we were away and Dusty was unfortunately with them when she passed away, so I never really got to say goodbye.

I'm so, so glad to have her home and I'm going to be keeping a very, very close eye on her. I've missed her so, so much!

Cuddles always help. :-)

I hope everyone is having a good week - many wheeks, cuddles and hay for you all! <3 thank you.

Ellisa

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:26 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Dusty was an adorable pig!

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss, Poppycorn. =( Such a sweet and lovely pig.

RIP Dusty
God Speed Good Pig

poppycorn

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Again, thank you all. You are all extraordinarily kind!!

I haven't talked about this chap for a while...

For those of you interested, he's now nearly two and a half years old! Him and Dusty got along famously and often shared snuffles and nose-kisses. (Poppy is just terrified of this big loloping giant who careers towards them. Dusty, on the other hand, thought that she was as big as him - of course (she was getting there, chunky girl!))

Popcorn is doing okay. I mean, she's doing better than yesterday. She's very skinny and I think she's lacking in vit C (she's not had enough veggies whilst we were away *glowers a little*) and she hasn't been eating much since Dusty passed. BUT, like I said... she's doing better. :-)

With the lovely help of Momo's advice and kindness, I'm going to vary her food and get some samples of different pellets this weekend (any suggestions? They might not have them but I can try the internet too.) to encourage more of this:

Urm, food? Please!

Much better.
(You can practically hear here wolfing it down!)

I don't know if I ever shared this, but this is the treat jar I bought/made. ^_^

This shy little girl is taking away my hurts. I hope you all have had a nice day (and better weather than me!) *listens to rain drumming on roof.*

For anyone getting exam results tomorrow or soon - good luck. I pick up mine tomorrow morning. *gulps*

Thank you all again, Poppy and Claire. <3

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:32 pm

My dear Poppy, you are looking very cute and beautiful today.
Love the snuggling picture with your mama, she is so worried about you!
Love the treat jar, every piggy should have one!

Good luck with your exam results, I know you will do just fine! <3