It all started with Gordy...

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:29 am

Anselmo will be happy to be known as 'round and solid'. We think he's a bit of a fatty pig!

Introductions coming soon. It all went swimmingly...or did it?!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:16 pm

"Hey lady! What's this thing in here?"

"Let me at 'em!"

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:57 am

It started with a feast for three. No fighting involved, just lots of munching. A good start. Surely it'll last?

I'm coming for you black pig. This is MY space *commences crab dancing and teeth chattering*

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:03 am

"I'm a baddass black pig" says Anselmo, "This is MY space" *adopts tough stance.

"I don't like this guy" says Arnold. "Help me!"

"But I'm like a little brother, what's to be scared of?" says Toki

Everything seemed to be going as well as could be expected. Toki was doing very good impressions of a chattering crab, but there wasn't any fighting. So, into the cage they went:

What a photo of perfection. Surely it'll all be good now?!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:04 am

Well, it went well for a few hours.

Anselmo didn't like Toki, and Toki was adamant he was going to be the boss. He just wouldn't stop chattering, and crab walking at the other two.

They ended up in a scuffle. The sad thing was that poor Arnold was in the middle of it all, and was catapulted across the cage. I remember it happening in slow motion, like The Matrix. He bashed his leg on one of the log tunnels. He was favouring it quite alot

I decided to take Toki back out again until Arnold's leg had healed.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

KhloeKinsella

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Humph. Well then. GIVE US MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been reading this since yesterday, it's my new fave book! :-P

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 am

I'll try to post some more tonight / tomorrow!

I can still picture Arnold flying across the cage in slow motion. Poor piggy. Thinking back it was a stupid idea putting the hard log tunnels in there, but you live and learn!

KhloeKinsella

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:42 am

Goody! :-P I'm very sad for your losses though. But, you know its really something how almost everyone of your guinea pigs had sickness... :( I know a lot of people who they're pigs have never gotten sick..... :-/

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks Khloe :-)

I haven't got any clue as to why a lot of my piggies were ill. Maybe it's because my first piggies came from a breeder, who bred lots and so they didn't have good health/genetics. Maybe it's because I had to house them outside for many years. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Who knows?! Although it's been a tough time with them I'm glad I had them all. In the early days I knew nothing about guinea pigs, and I'm still learning today (aren't we all!) but I always tried my hardest to look after them.

And they're worth it. Funny little critters, make me laugh they do.

KhloeKinsella

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:04 pm

They're definitley worth it. I know I would never give up my three babies.. EVER!!

I have another question. Why didn't you ever get girls? Do you like males better or....?

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:28 am

My first piggy was the cutest one there and just happened to be a boy. I continued with boys as the stupid breeder said that pigs only got on with their own sex (!), and because I didn't want to accidentally end up with lots of little piggies. I didn't have any idea how to sex them when I had the first lot.

After that I happened to get boys. The two my ex bought were boys, and the few I've rescued were boys. All by coincidence. Two of them I adopted through Guinea Lynx and they're boys too.

I think I'm just destined to have boys forever. I don't mind, I'm used to cleaning their stinky bits by now!

I won't rule out having a girl though. If one came along that needed a home I'd take her in. It just makes things a little more difficult as I'd have to either have her spayed or my boy(s) neutered as I don't really have space for multiple cages.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:34 am

It didn't take too long for Arnold's leg to get better. Toki was being a pain in the ass, he didn't like being back in his little cage on his own. So, I decided to try again.

Anselmo decided to wear his Hay Hat of Bravery to defend himself and Arnold from the bad pig Toki:

It was completely different this time around. Toki wasn't an ass at all, there was very little teeth chattering, and they seemed to be getting on fine. So, I cleaned out the cage and dumped them all in together.