It all started with Gordy...

serelixyue

Post   » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:20 am

Omg! I've never seen a more distinct buttcrak on a pig butt :D

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:52 am

It's really funny isn't it!

I'll try to get a proper photo of them tonight.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:15 am

Your piggies are just so adorable. I love abbies. They are my favorite, I think. Not that I wouldn't love another breed of guinea pig, obviously. I just have a soft spot for abbies. :)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 am

So, I have some wonderful piggies and brilliant photos that I want to share with you guys, but I need to get upto date with the story first.

Back to it then!!

17th May was the date I was given Arnold J. Rimmer, so I didn't know his birthday. As he was small when I got him I decided to celebrate his birthday in early April.

April 2011 - Arnold J. Rimmer's birthday

We all got up early to share a nice breakfast:

Then it was present time. Any ideas how old he is?

Birthday boy:

"Be gone now please"

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:19 am

And I found a photo of us both together. I hate having photos taken so it's rare to find me in one, even more so to have a piggy with me.

It's good to look back on though and remember his silly face.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:21 am

What a lovely, silly wee face he has! And hello you!
Love the fabric in his cosy! :)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 am

Tuff colours for tuff guy! Little did I know how tough he would be over the next couple of years.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:46 am

Although the other two didn't want to take part in Arnold's birthday celebrations (except for the eating of course), they were still getting on well

It was at this photo session I got one of the best guinea pig photo's ever. It's so funny. Although it was taken 3 years ago now I used it for my boyfriends birthday card this year. Silly Toki Wartooth

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun May 25, 2014 5:24 am

I love Toki and Arnold's eye shadowing. Arnold does seem to have a surprised look in most of his photos. Your boars were all such handsome boys.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue May 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Toki was settling in well. He loved to relax and snooze in ridiculous positions:

"I'M SLEEPING!!!"

Anselmo in the mean time was putting in some extra hours protecting and trying to impress his "Princess":

"I'll always be here for you, m'lady":

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 am

It wasn't long after his birthday that the start of Arnold's problems started to show

You can see from the photo how slim his back half is. He had an xray and was diagnosed with quite severe arthritis. He had started to hop a little bit and was walking on his heels.

Although the xray said that his knee joints were almost non existent we decided to to try to help him. He was given Glucosamine and Metacam. Unfortunately he had a terrible reaction to the Metacam but was sucessfully swapped onto Rimadyl.

He ceased to hop and seemed to get around the cage a lot easier.

Due to the arthritis he had a loss of muscle tone in his rear and as you can see from the photo he suffered quite badly from impaction.

Man, the poops I got out of him were huge! I'd expect that size poop to come from my parents dog!

He didn't seem to be fussed by me cleaning him out and he was still quite happy in himself. He could still get into that hay box in the photo.

In the meantime Toki still looked like a cloud:

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:33 pm

It's hard to watch them get old! It sounds like you have a good plan to keep his quality of life good.