It all started with Gordy...

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:19 am

Anselmo (the oldest one) was starting off with his bladder problems around that time, so we thought we'd wait a little while, leave him on his own, and keep Toki and Jon (the newbie) together.

We have a feeling that's one of the reasons why Jon was attacking Anselmo, he could sense the illness in him.

Despite him causing problems with their living arrangements Jon Snow was/is a very welcome member of the family. He's very outgoing and very silly. He popcorns and jumps around all over the place. He'll happily come over to you, and stand up at the bars, and then flee when you try to pick him up

This picture sums him up, that facial expression says it all

And a mid running on just for fun

It wasn't long after Jon Snow arrived that we had something very unexpected occur.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:35 am

Ooooh, exciting!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:46 am

I'd spent so long pretty much writing off Anselmo with his bladder stone problems, and trying to make sure that Toki wouldn't end up alone when Anselmo's time came that what happened next came completely out of nowhere, and still today I still see it as a complete shock.

Toki died.

25th September 2013 Toki passed away. He was 2 years old. The string of events that happened was really unfortunate and unlucky and despite having help from friends we weren't able to turn him around.

It starts a few days earlier when he was struggling to eat. Just out of nowhere, one minute devouring food, the next not being able to.

Toki was the piggy that made my boyfriend fall in love with pigs. He loved to see his silly wide eyed face, and his always orange chin.

I know we all say how unique a piggy is but I've never seen another pig that looked anything like Toki. He was like a small fluffly cloud.

We'll always remember the simple guy. Our fondest memories are of him standing up at the wrong side of the cage for his veg, and him running away squealing after he decided to take on Anselmo once for 'Top Pig' spot.

So, now we were back to 2 pigs, Anselmo and Jon Snow. 2 pigs who don't really like each other. Lots of good luck vibes were needed for this pairing!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:43 am

He was such a handsome guy, Jaycey. And a character. No wonder your boyfriend fell in love with him.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:04 am

Oh my gosh! What a cutie! I'm so sorry you lost him at such a young age.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:52 pm

I remember Toki and was a cutie pie he was. Very sad that he wasn't around for long, but glad he was in your care for his short time here.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:24 am

It makes me happy that Toki is remembered. I know I've been around Guinea Lynx for years now, but I never post that often, so I guess most people don't really know of me.

He was a really great piggy. There were many 'what if's' thrown around when he died and still to this day. I do really wish I had known about the dental sanctuary back them. But, I did everything I possibly could for him.

And we definitely did love him. He had a bad start to life, he was dumped in a park on a dreadfully snowy day, along with his 13 (or so) siblings. They were in a cardboard box with only each other and a small plastic igloo for warmth. Thankfully someone found them and took them to the RSPCA.

Unfortunately his siblings didn't like him and he was picked on, and so the lovely RSPCA girl took him home with her. And he eventually came to live with me.

We have a commissioned drawing of him hanging on our wall at home. I'll take a photo of it, and post it here. It's really amazing! It's based on the photo above, with the purple wallpaper in the background.

Wheekers3

Post   » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Toki really tugs at my heartstrings. I just started your story and had to come back and read more.

It's interesting how all of our lifes are so different, except of course that common golden thread called guinea pigs.

What loves they are.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:58 am

I'm glad Toki can touch other peoples hearts too Wheekers3, he was a special little guy

Here's our memento of little silly Toki Wartooth. Isn't it fantastic? I felt a bit cruel as the artist had only done piggy faces before, and also hadn't draw a white pig but she loved the challenge. I really love it.

I'm going to skip ahead a bit on my story, to around May 2014. Mainly because there wasn't much of interest happening in Pigville, and I want to introduce the next chracter.

I tried to introduce Jon Snow and Anselmo back together with varied results. They could be fine for weeks, then *woompf* massive fight, bite wounds a plently. I think this photo pretty much says it all:

True love eh!!

Anselmo had a further bladder stone surgery so I had to keep him separated to heal. I think that, and his illness made Jon into a wild pig and they ended up fighting repeatedly.

Anselmo ended up with a bite through the end of his nose, and I thought that was that.

Our plan was to let Anselmo heal and see how he goes, but in the meantime try to find a new friend for Jon Snow. Unfortunately there were no pigs in local rescues, but yet again (3rd time!) Guinea Lynx saved the day. And specifically in this instance webs, and this face:

I'll leave it here with that adorable face whilst I go and find more photos of him to upload.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:49 pm

That is a beautiful drawing!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:48 am

Yes, lovely drawing and really does capture his 'who me' look so well. A wonderful keepsake of your special boar.

CyborgCavy

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Aww. Toki's face reminds me of my piggy that recently passed away, Willow. I like it when you can see a bit of the white of a cavy's eyes. It gives them an amusing expression.