It all started with Gordy...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Your guinea pigs are quite adorable, Jaycey!

I hope you can figure out a way to manage things - it can be a challenge, with so many responsibilities.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, the decision was helped along, but not in a good way.

On the 27th September 2011 I came home and wasn't greeted by Jessie, our dog, for the first time since I could remember.

I asked my Mum where she was and she was under the kitchen table, head down and only slowly wagging her tail.

The poor old girl had taken a tumble outside earlier in the day and had been laying under the table for most of the afternoon. No matter how much I tried to coax her out she wouldn't move. It wasn't a good sign.

My Mum isn't very good as handling vet issues, but I knew she had to go, so I carried her out to the car and we took her to the vet.

Unfortunately it wasn't good news. At the other end she still couldn't move so I had to carry her straight through to the vet's office. We could tell we weren't going to get the outcome we wanted.

The poor girl was dying, so we had to help her along the way. I still remember the look in her eyes but I think she knew it was time and we loved her.

Two of my favourite photo's of her, doing what she loved best, getting muddy and chasing her ball.

So, I no longer had ties to home and we decided that me moving away was now an option. I had to save a bit of money first and look for a job so my parents had to put up with me for a little longer.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Jessie was a very friendly looking dog.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 am

She was when she was younger Lynx.

When she got older and started to go a bit blind she didn't like other dogs and people when we were out on walks, so I had to keep her on a leash when others were around.

But, she was still friendly to people who came to visit the house

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:28 am

We decided that it probably made sense to move after the winter, as I would be temporarily living with my boyfriend and his housemate in their rented house, and they didn't have central heating. So I didn't want the piggies to be in a cold house at winter.

That meant we'd have one last Christmas in Middlesbrough and wanted to make the best of it.

That year I decided to send out email Christmas cards instead of regular cards, so we had a bit of a photoshoot. Thankfully the piggies were quite photogenic, so despite them being naughty boys I got a few nice photos:

Toki with his crazy hair and dirty chin:

Arnold looking like a youngster again

And the group shot I used:

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:10 am

What lovely Christmas photos. AT least they're all looking straight at the camera and the last one is fantastic - like the 3 wise pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:53 am

They are indeed cute!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 am

People laugh at that photo, they say they're like three little soldiers all in a row.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:36 am

I don't think someone was quite as excited about our last Christmas living with my parents as I was:

Even though I'd made a lot of effort to make their cage nice and festive:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:52 am

Oh, that looks fun, Jaycey!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:30 am

I miss doing stuff like that to their cages. Since I moved I've not really been able too, as the cage was on the floor.

Toki enjoyed trying to eat all of the decorations. It was quite a puzzle trying to make it look okay yet keep things away from his teeth.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:34 am

At least someone was up and excited on Christmas Day.

"Has Santa Claws been yet?"