pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 am

Love the pics, especially the sofa pig!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:57 pm

STOP PRESS! It's someone's birthday (approximately) today

We woke up to a BIG breakfast before I had to disappear off to work.

It was such a long wait, waiting until I came home with more food. "Is that nom's I smell" says Toki

Yum! Big dinner for us

The Birthday Boy himself: Arnold J. Rimmer enjoying his new birthday present

He even got into the party mood!!

"I'm not sure about this present mum, can I have the bed back please?"

"Ah, that's better"

"Thank you Cavy Couture for my lovely present"

"Leave me alone now I want to sleeps"

Happy 5th birthday Arnold!!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:59 pm

What a happy looking Birthday day! Happy Birthday, Arnold. I'm glad you got such a lovely gift. Super cool!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Happy 5th Arnold! And many many more :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Happy 5 whole years Arnold! Here's hoping for many more birthdays complete with pictures. That's a fantastic salad you guys had.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Happy birthday Arnold. That bed must be very comfy. Looks like you enjoyed your special day.

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:03 pm

WOW, what a salad! Happy birthday cutiepig.

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Happy Birthday! What a cutie!!!

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 am

Arnold's adorable. Happy birthday!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:52 am

Aw! Arnold! Happy Birthday and lots of ear rubs!

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 am

Happy 5th Birthday Arnold J Rimmer! :D *birthday scritches*

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Happy 5th birthday! And many more to that handsome boy!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:21 am

Ace Rimmer (AKA Ace) and Dave Lister (AKA Lister)

After Gip’s housemate died, I wasn’t sure whether to get another guinea pig for company for him. I still had Magpie, but he and Gip never got along, and Magpie was having a few medical problems at the time. I was very undecided as Gip never took to any other guinea pig, other than Tyson.

To this day I still don’t know why I did it, but on a visit to a local Pets at Home store I spotted the cutest little guys I’d ever seen. And in my moment of weakness I bought them. I still feel bad for buying them, but having Ace has taught me so much about guinea pigs. I can honestly say that Ace and Lister were the first, and last, guinea pigs that I have bought from a pet shop.

I bought them on the 12th December 2004, and I was informed that they were 7 weeks old. They weighed in at 500g (Ace), and 450g (Lister). They were the smallest guinea pigs that I’d ever had before. I made sure to check that I had two little boys, and surprisingly the shop got it right, two boys.

As they were still banned from living indoors by my father, I bought them a bigger hutch than the previous one I had, gave them access to the floor space. I also installed a heater in the shed, and covered the whole of the inside of the shed with insulation. I still have the shed now, which I use for storing beds, fleece’s etc. It looks like a space station in there!

Here are the two guys, showing off their new home. Ace is the orange guy, and Lister is the grey guy.

I was, and still am, a huge Red Dwarf fan so decided to name them after characters in the show. I named them almost immediately after I got them, so I randomly chose which was which. In time I learned that I definitely named them the wrong way round!

The Ace Rimmer in the show was a suave guy, who all of the ladies loved, and all of the guys looked up too. He definitely had an ‘I’m better than you’ air to him, but he wasn’t arrogant.

My Ace, on the other hand, was a friendly little guy, who was happy to let you pet him, but was definitely food orientated. Nothing interested him more than food and a snooze.

He’s pretending to blow kisses here, but he’s really wanting food.

Brainerror, Ace clamied that he wasn’t ginger, he was ‘strawberry blonde’!

The Lister in the tv show was a slob. He loved to lay around, wearing the same clothes for a week, eating Vindaloo, and drinking beer.

My Lister, on the other hand, held his head up high, always looked he’d just had a bath, and soon became the master of the ‘stink eye’

See how beautiful his hair was!

He was practising ‘the look’ from very early on.

So, I accepted that I got their names the complete wrong way round, but by the time I had noticed I didn’t want to change them.

I did all I could to keep Ace and Lister happy and warm living in the shed, but I wasn’t happy with the situation. Hopefully, a way of getting them indoors would come soon!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:05 am

I love the pepper filled with veggies in the first pic, I do that for my pigs on their birthdays. :)

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:16 am

Can't wait to find out about their indoor cage! :D Lovely storytelling as well btw Jaycey! :D

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 am

GPG, the pepper was for their Christmas lunch. I had to use one of the Christmas episode photo's as I don't have many photo's of them in the hutch, fortunately!

Thanks for the feedback wle! I've been finding it difficult to write about my first guys, as I don't have many photo's, and their situations weren't great. Most Chronicles consist of lots of photo's of cute guinea pigs, and mine are of my horror stories.

Thankfully things change shortly, and they all end up indoors, in a C&C!

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:51 am

I just love that you are red dwarf obsessed! <3 Ace, Rimmer and Kryton are my favourites :D in your lot I think I have a soft spot for Ace...so dreamy. Although Rimmer is a firm fav too!

PS Sorry! not ginger, strawberry blonde like Keith Lemon ;))) Still gorgeous though!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

Apologies for not updating for a while, I promise I'll update shortly.

I've just found out that my vet has left the practice, and I have an appointment tonight. I've really not looking forward to it. I can imagine I'm going to be back to square one in my frantic search for a guinea pig vet :(

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 am

I went through a similar thing this year when our regular vet Polly was off sick indefinitely. I did not like the girl she trained (too soft, so I'd easily dominate the conversation and I do not want that in a vet) and this new small animals vet that had joined. The first time I could not stand him, but after he handled Scruffles and her stone problem so very well I totally trust him now.

Like Polly he's a no nonsense guy and very straightforward, which is what I like.

I hope you have similar luck in finding a new cavy savvy vet x

411 posts