Life according to Alice

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Happy 2nd birthday Alice. What a great present you're getting - a friend.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Happy Early Birthday, Alice, from me and the girls. It sounds like your and your friend will really get along well.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Well, where do I start? This adventure started around Thanksgiving. I stayed with a very nice lady that took really good care of me. She has pigs and let me play. I was so happy.
Mommy decided that I should have a playmate because she saw how happy I was around others like me.
Miss Andrea didn't have any adoptables in her rescue so Mommy emailed Miss slavetofuzzy.
Two weeks later, we were on our way to Atlanta. That car ride is a little long for me but I love adventures so I didn't complain.
We got there and I was surrounded by baby pigs. They ran around me and played. I got really tired so I took a nap.
I played with those little ones for a long time. I also got to hang out with a really cool dude named Indy. We got along until he started to bother me. Then I told him enough.
A little while later, we went downstairs. I met a yellow pig named Latte. We sort of hit it off right away. We played for a long time and then it was time to go.
Mommy and Daddy took us to another place.
We were tired and hungry. We started arguing. Mommy fed us and then we were ok. They disappeared for a little while.
While they were gone, Latte and I got into a little fight. We are the best of friends now but then, I wasn't so sure.
Now I walk around the cage all of the time, purring and trying to snuggle with her.
Here are a couple of pictures of our adventure.
Mom made our cage bigger today.

Here is Latte and me. She is the yellow one. We were eating hay. (P.S. Latte thought our cage was the Willy Wonka candy factory. If there was cardboard, she chewed it.)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

I am so so happy you got a friend! Yay! What an amazing Christmas gift :)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 am

I totally missed this! I WONDERED why you were visiting last weekend. I'm so glad Alice has a friend!! And she's such a pretty pig. Congrats to everybody!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:39 pm

And boo to your job, Alden, that kept you from playing with us. :(

But we had fun and Alice is such a love (except when she plays piranah!)

Latte was pulled from a local shelter. We thought she might be pregnant, even though she came in alone because she was a chunk-a-monk! She went to our favorite vet and had an ultrasound done. No babies! She is just fat and happy.

I'll tell ya, the last few pigs that have come from the Cobb Co. Shelter have been the sweetest, most lovable piggies. I'm so happy that Latte found a friend so soon. She is such a social girl and really deserves a buddy and a loving family who is going to dote on her until she's spoiled rotten!

poppycorn

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Oh Alice and Latte are absolutely adorable. <3

Happy birthday, Alice, and welcome to your new home, Latte!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Yes, Alden, Boo to your job.
Latte is so sweet. She is happy with whatever she gets. She gets treats from Daddy and comfy Windespirit beds and lots of veggies. She has started eating more. She and Alice are happily napping on my chest just like they were in the picture. This is from the other day, for those not on my facebook.
Latte is in charge here now. Alice happily defers to her. They still nose off occasionally but I have no worries. It is usually because one is coming up the ramp and one is trying to go down.
Latte lays with her head buried in Alice's hair.
Latte is teaching Alice how to be humble and Alice is teaching Latte how to look even cuter for more treats.
When I take one from the cage, the other gets antsy and starts pacing. I was shaving Alice's butt hair today and she started whining and then I heard Latte start making the same noise.
Brent doesn't touch the pigs because he has Eczema and is afraid he will be allergic. (He is allergic to cats and dogs.) But each time he walks past the cage he talks to them and gives them treats a couple times a day. Latte sits up on her back legs and begs when he is getting a treat out of the bag.
I am so thankful to slavetofuzzy for Latte. I am thankful that Latte's previous owner surrendered her. She is so so sweet and grateful for her new life.

Edit to add: Ignore my big forehead. HAHA
Latte is just as spoiled as Alice, she is just very humble. :)

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Latte: "Alice, it is your turn to stand guard. We need to be sure that fat guy in the red suit doesn't come back."

Alice: "Ok. I'm tired too, ya know. Merry Christmas, Latte."

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Oh that Latte cashew is just adorable. And they seem so comfy together! Like.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:16 am

They are really happy together. For the most part. Alice is a totally different pig now. She used to be Queen of the castle and now she defers to Latte for everything. She walks by and Latte will stick her head out and nip at her. Alice will basically wait until Latte is done with veggies before she eats hers.
She does, however, still like to play Jaws when you try to pick her up.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:18 am

Chashew piggy and a fluff-ball. SO cute!