Life according to Alice

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

They're really relaxed! My pigs all really DO work during cleaning. They're very helpful. They stand on whatever fabric I'm trying to remove, delightedly start chowing down on coroplast when it's exposed, and generally run under my hands as much as possible. It's great fun.

Today I had just put down the new towels but not yet the fleece when I saw Snickers poop a HUGE poop. It almost looked like pre-neuter size. Huge and fresh. As I reached for it things went into slow motion, you know what I mean? and Snickers saw me reaching and turned and slow-mo started running RIGHT TOWARDS THE POOP and my hand was getting nearer but so was his paw and suddenly SQUISH and then POOPY PIG PAW PRINTS ALL OVER CLEAN TOWELS.

Sigh.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Ha ha, yes, no one realizes the amount of work that goes into finding a comfy spot to sonnze in. Both girls are looking wonderful.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

LOVE Latte in the second "outdoor" shot!!!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Alden, that image is stuck. Forever.
Snick knows what's up.
I am lucky enough to have a two level cage. I lock them downstairs first and then put them up when I'm ready to do the bottom.
It's all Latte can do to pull at the grid. She can't stand being confined to just one part of the cage.
I had to put up a cloth so she would stop chewing the bars.

I have noticed a large concentration of beans at the bottom of the ramp lately. For two weeks, I have vacuumed these beans from the spot right in front of the ramp while shaking my head and wondering why they would poop RIGHT THERE.
Well, that is because they don't.
Latte sits at the top of the ramp and poops over the edge and the beans roll down. I caught her doing it two days ago. She looks so effing proud of herself too.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Alice's haircut was going pretty well. I had plans to make her look slightly like a lion pig. (with longer hair because she is a girl, afterall.)
Those plans got derailed when the Princess decided that she was finished with her haircut.

I got a palm sized pile of hair.

Ok, ok. I chickened out. I just couldn't do it. What if her pretty hair didn't grow back as pretty?
She realized this and smirked at me. You can just see it in the picture.
Maybe one day...

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Alice is a beautiful piggy. She's got her mum wrapped around her paws too. The trim looks like it went well.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:30 am

Well, we are off to the vet tomorrow.
Someone left a few red spots in the cage right after I cleaned it yesterday.
Couldn't figure out who it was. I set out some white towels this morning and caught the culprit.
Miss Latte peed blood. To me, it seems a lot. She hasn't been acting different and this is the first I've seen of it.
Hoping UTI but planning financially for a stone.

This stuff always happens on the weekend. Jeez.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Have you checked her ladybits? Did they look normal?

Best wishes no matter what it is...

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:39 pm

They do look normal. When she pees, there is blood on the fleece and I've wiped it off of her bits. I think I've heard her cry while peeing once but dismissed it because Alice was near her and purring.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Well, Ouiser stands as proof that strong lady pigs can pass stones and live on. Paws crossed!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:18 pm

This weekend, I am pig sitting. My daughters friend has a female and they have the class pig for half of the summer. (I've done all I can to educate the school. They won't listen.)
He is about 5 and is the sweetest boy around. He is kept in a tiny pet store cage with a layer of care fresh. He gets good hay (supplied by me from mysweet meadow stash) and, of course, the worst pellets out there. Hartz Bonanza.
I decided to build a hotel for him out of the leftover grids I have. It is only a 2x2 with a cover but he has twice as much room as his pet store cage.
I put the fleece in and set him in. He stood there for a second and then did a lap. He promptly dropped some Eau de Boar and popcorned.
I stuck hay in and he dove in.
Filled his dish with oxbow pellets and he ate. Then he popcorned.
Piney then walked over to the side of the cage and stared at me for a minute, then he popcorned.

I caught him doing zoomies this morning. He also wheeked for veggies.
I caught him hiding behind his hay pile. I think he was afraid that someone might see him and take the big room away.
Unfortunately, he goes back tomorrow, to my daughters friends house.
At least, for a weekend, he knew the good life. It makes me very sad that he has to go back to a cage barely bigger than a 1x2.

The fleece and towels are so thick because I didn't have extra coro and it needed a top and bottom because there are 3 females and he is unaltered. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 am

Oh, that makes me sad too! Could you lend them the cage for the summer? How about show them a video of what happiness means?