Life according to Alice

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 am

As the title says, I am Alice. Mom says that I am around five weeks old. I have lived with my hoomans for a week now. Mom says that is a really big deal.
Apparently, I am not her first guinea pig. (we never are, are we)
A few months ago, there was a petstore pig. Her name was Bella.
The way I hear mom explain it, she found out that Bella was only two weeks old. She was pretty sick as well. Mom tried to help her.
The small hooman here (the one I love best) told me that she was really sad about losing Bella.
But now I am here. Mom had me in this sweet Italian petstore cage. Maraschino or something strange. It was really big. My old cage was kinda small.
I remember being scared to death the first two nights. It doesn't help that the heat in the apartment decided to break the night I got here. They couldn't fix it for two days. So to add to being scared, I was cold. And mom packed me up and took me places with her cuz she didn't want to leave space heaters on.
It took me a bit to adjust to this new house. I stayed in the pigloo unless mom took it from me. Something about showing my gorgeous face. I dunno. Whatcha think? Am i a cute pig?
Dad says I am really sweet and cute. He apparently is not a pet person, so he hasn't touched me. He talks to me a lot and will watch me when he thinks nobody is looking.
Mom has a pretty vulgar way of saying that she doesn't want to write too much at once and have nothing else. I will just say, "later tater".
Oooh, speaking of food, wheek wheek wheek....

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 am

You are very cute, Alice. My girls, Tulip, Buffy, and Ginger, say, "Wheek!" - hello to you. I'm glad you have found a good home.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 am

Thank you Buffy, Tulip and Ginger!
Slave labor, I tell ya. So mom was just sitting there watching me eat my cucumber just now. It's sort of creepy, the way she is always hovering. I'm pretty ticked off right now because mom took the pigloo. I am way too big for this cuddle cup she has in here. I usually sit half in, half out. Or I will tip it over and climb on it. That will teach her.
Mom wanted me to tell a little bit about her love for all things pig.
Apparently it started with hooman friends. They have this really big boy named Harvey. To hear Harveys mom tell it (her and my mom video chat because they live on opposite coasts.) Harvey weighs near five pounds. I see him on the camera and he is a bit large. He is my friend, though. We wheek at each other during video chat time.
Harveys mom said I could show you a picture of him.
This is Harbs after a bath and blow dry.
He is pretty handsome. I wish I could snuggle with him but mom says we don't want little Harveys running around. Whatever that means.
That is a giant pillow pet. Wish I had one.
So mom fell in love with Harvey and begged Dad to let her get one.
He is fine with whatever mom wants. Something about mom taking care of everyone all the time. The only thing I ever hear her ask for is to put the laundry in the hamper. I am getting off the yellow brick road. Ooh, yellow... Pepper...
Mom looked for a long time and found nothing. One day, around Christmas, she went into a petstore (she knows better now) and Bella found her. This is Bella. Wish I could have met her. We could have been cage mates.
Ok. I need to go. Mom says it's cage cleaning day. I live in a palace now. It's really big and I like the grids. Im sure mom will put pictures up of that too. She is always snapping pictures.

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi Alice! You are a cutie! And somebody stole my Spike-- him and Harvey could be brothers! Spike is also huge.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Your so cute I love you Alice. And your friend Harvey is so handsome I can see why you wish you could cuddle with him.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 pm

OOps, double post due to computer glitch.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks for being so nice.
I am sneaking on today. Mom is quite ticked at me right now.
I think she might not have had enough coffee before she came to take away the pigloo and give me veggies.
For the last three days, I have been peeing in my pigloo.
Mom puts a towel on top of the fleece and then sets the pigloo on the towel. At night, she puts a small towel over the top, to give me privacy, so I can relax. It gets a little warm in there.
Mom is mad because I have long beautiful fur and keep laying in the pee. She went off grumbling something about infections and baths. I guess I am too young to have a bath yet.
So after that ordeal, she gave me a fresh towel and my pigloo back.
Mom picked me up and we snuggled on the couch. I love snuggling.
I had a great nap today. I was pretty close to moms face. Of course she took a picture.
That's my cool cardboard hidey in the background. Mom just made it.
I got to snuggle for a couple of hours. Mom gets antsy after that much time because I usually only drop her some poo and never pee.
This is the other reason mom is a bit upset today. For the first time ever, I bit her. She started moving around and trying to find a way to move me without causing too much squirming. I guess I got a little mad and bit her hand three times. The third one, I made her bleed.
I feel bad. Mommy is really nice and very gentle with me. Even while I was biting her, she held me, and didn't let me fall.
Here is a picture of me snuggling with mommy last night. It is a little dark.
Have a piggerific day, friends.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 am

Hi Alice, yes you are a gorgeous piggy. Glad your mum didn't drop you even when you bit her. She must have been quite surprised. Hope everything is ok now.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 am

Love that wonderful hairdo pic! Lovely piggies! Now, stop biting mom, snuggle her instead!

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:45 am

Adorable fluffy face. :)

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Good evening my friends. As you can see, I am spending time with my favorite hooman. Mom thought she was so clever, catching the picture of us looking at each other.
I think I am settling in quite nicely. I have a nice full belly, thanks to those odd humans.
I just wanted to stop in and say hi. It is time for me to say goodnight to the little human and spend time with mom.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Heart. Is there anything cuter than kids with piggies??