I had the perfect life . . .

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Your haircut is fine Izzy, I love it, and also that sporty hairdo your new friend Pearl is wearing.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 am

Oh, a new friend. Hi Pearl. Can't wait to hear more.

serelixyue

Post   » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 am

waving at Pearl*, what a pretty girl!

cavykatie

Post   » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:02 am

They are all adorable! So sorry about the break-in, the rings sound very sad to lose but most of all it's the sense of security. Maybe post a sign on your door saying "guarded by attack pigs?". That'll get 'em, ;).

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:23 am

Pearl is gorgeous!! ♥

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I agree, Pear is beautiful . . . . white piggies, I love them :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:50 pm

That hair, oh I love that hair!
Momo want that hair!

Guinea Love

Post   » Mon May 30, 2011 10:26 pm

I am sorry it has been awhile since my last update. Things have been a little crazy here. Hopefully, I will be able to post more now that things have calmed down some.

Mildred, I have a special place in my heart for white piggies too. I do not understand why some people do not like them.

Where were we? Oh, I think it is Pearls turn to tell her story.

Hello, my name is Pearl. I am a ... Well, no one is sure just what I am. Momma calls me her beautiful mutt.

She loves my crazy hair.

In the beginning, I was very quiet and very shy. I liked to hide alot.

I am much more comfortable now. I have a big new cage with lots of soft places to sleep and

a new roommate that I love.

Izzy shares her nap spots with me and her favorite snacks.

I think I am going to have a great life here.

I also want to say thank you. Everyone on this forum has been very welcoming. Thank you very much for that.

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Mon May 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Aww, Pearl is pretty!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 12:55 am

Pearl is adorable. I love her crazy hair.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 5:15 am

I love Pearl too! What a great set of photos :)

serelixyue

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 5:58 am

aww Pearl is so beautiful, I love that butt of hers! lovely cage ^^ was just looking at Izzy's haircut again, lol, look at her staring accusingly back...

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 7:09 am

Izzy is very pretty!

worldangel

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 am

I love the way you write your chronicle! Full of suspense and wit ;)

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Pearl looks so happy in that last picture.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue May 31, 2011 5:36 pm

How did I miss these gorgeous furry kiddos? Pearl has he most beautiful wild "hair".

Guinea Love

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Thank you for all the nice compliments.

I think Pearl is gorgeous too but I am biased. Her hair is very soft and fine and she gets these long random wispy pieces that I trim. I love how she has filled out also. She was very skinny when I first brought her home.

Serelixyue, I am in awe of your glamorous long haired piggies. Izzy has every right to glare at me. This is her latest bad haircut and I really butchered it again. Poor thing. She has not forgiven me yet. I really need to improve my skills or retire my scissors.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Pearl is a real doll. So fluffy!
I like your hay feeders, those are really neat.

Guinea Love

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 am

Thank you SP. I am very happy using these baskets for my hay racks. I found them at Walmart in the clearance isle. They hold a lot of hay. I can really stuff them full. I am wasting a lot less hay now too because my girls are no longer pulling it all out onto the ground. I can not even tell you how many different hay racks I tried before I found something that I am really happy with.

Guinea Love

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:23 am

It has been a long while since I have posted. I have missed everyone here very much. I have some difficult news to share. My spunky, ornery, beautiful and very naughty Lulu passed away Christmas day.

The vet did not find anything wrong with her but I was handfeeding her because she was not eating much. She would eat small amounts of pellets and veggies. She stopped eating hay all together but she was eating the critical care like it was a special treat.

I really thought she was going to make it. I was holding her against my neck and was just chatting with her and telling her that she needed to stop being so stubborn about everything when she just passed away. She was there with me and then she was just gone. I am still shocked.

I do not know how to explain this. Lulu was not my first guinea pig but she was the first one who taught me how amazing guinea pigs are. I was not a good caregiver to the guinea pigs of my childhood. I knew nothing about proper housing or nutrition or that they needed a friend. Lulu leaped into my heart and changed it forever. She showed me what a joyous thing it was to have these amazing animals in my life.

Rest in peace my spunky girl.

88 posts