My Antithesis

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 am

We are so much alike, like you, I *inherirted* my first piggie from a coworker when the birthday present turned bit the birthday boy... :p
Unlike you though, I never intended to keep her, rather just to rbing her home out from that cold conference room and ... bring her back in tomorrow for placement... *anyhoo*

I feel your pain, I too spent a good year procrastinating on my thesis with the constant wheeking and *i keel you* going on at my home!

A round of applause for your courage, and I love your pictures, so bright and really brings out the white coats the little darling ears! :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Smudge and Snooty are cute and I'm sure loving their new home. They look like they're ready to go exploring and check out stuff. Congrats on your handsome boars.

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 pm

OK, on your first post, the fifth picture, whichever boy is on the left, good grief, he looks so perfect, like a little doll.

What a wonderful picture. So many great pictures! And you started a chronicle for them, yay! Now all of us with himi love can live vicariously through you a little bit. Thanks for sharing the love!

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 pm

I am swooning at these gorgeous piggies!!

Keep up the good work with the pellets! It took a good five days before my pigs realised they weren't getting the mix and now they chow down as normal as anything on pellets ;)

Topaz

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:56 pm

They really are handsome boys. And they are so twinny! I would have trouble telling them apart too!

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Piggywig - that's Smudge! Just sitting and watching them be adorable is so hard, I want to give them both monster cuddles all the time!

The pellets have reluctantly started disappearing - very slowly, but it's a start.

Yesterday I found a discounted pack of grids at the hardware store (almost 50% off, just because it didn't have packaging!) so I'm working on a loft. I'm currently in the process of designing a ramp, but it'll probably be a while before I can convince my boyfriend to put it together, he's got a few other projects on the cards at the moment. The base will be pine, and then I think I'll make some removable toweling covers for added traction.

Meers

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:16 am

We had a pair of matching (accidental) hamsters that were named something or other. But we could never tell them apart so we named them both George and were done with the matter. They both answered to George, as well! (Well, as much as hamsters do that.)

I still can't tell Smudge from Sooty, and I'm amazed by the folks who can!

Absinnu

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:49 am

I'm having trouble with the names only in as much as I can't tell if the one of them is named "Sooty" or "Scooty", because both spellings are used equally, and whether it is S(c)ooty or Smudge who is named for the bigger nose patch. After that, I picked out a lot of areas where they display key differences that make them easy to tell apart, once I can append proper names to them.

ilumiari

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 am

Absinnu - it's Sooty! I'm not sure I've ever come across a Scooty? Cute, though. Sooty has the larger nose patch.

Meers

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:17 am

I guess I must gaze longingly at the pictures of your boys more, ilumiari. All in the name of research, of course.

Absinnu

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 am

Ah! Mind must have been playing tricks. I swore I'd seen you type "Scooty" a bunch of times, but looking back in this thread, I can't find a single instance of it!

I'm glad to have everything cleared up, just for my own records c:
Ever need to know which pig is which? Send me a picture, hahaha.

ilumiari

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:02 am

Haha, I thought that you got the two names confused because you knew a Scooty or something. It's a good name for a piggy with fine boots!

I can tell them apart now, but I think I might run a "which piggy is that?" photo contest soon :D

As I looked up from my magnanimous composition, I spied a little piglet with his nose deep in the pellet bowl. My devious plan is working! They don't like them, but they're slowly eating them.

My boyfriend isn't a big fan of the little guys (I have to share my love now) but he did build a little house for them!
Stay tuned to see their fine new abode.

...I should really set up some lights near the pig pen, that last photo would have been brilliant if there was enough light to take it with a wider aperture/faster...

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:03 am

love that last shot! Sooty in front and smudge at the back, right?

ilumiari

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:08 am

That's right!

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 am

I have two rats I can't tell apart. They are the beige boys. But they both have the same name because they are absolutely identical.

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 am

Ikea mouse!!

ilumiari

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 am

It's pretty hot tonight (about 33 in the room with the pig pen), fortunately the boys seem to be coping ok so far. My beloved Galahad died of heat exhaustion about 8 years ago, and I still feel awful about it, I'll never let that happen to a piggy again.
I put a frozen water bottle wrapped in a towel in with them, watching them snuggle up to it was sweet. I'm making sure they get plenty of cool water & nomnoms. If it doesn't get below 28 within the next hour or so I'm sticking them in the jail cage outside overnight.

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 am

OH my gosh how did I miss this thread?! welcome to GL! Alright, that second to last photo, is it TWO pigs, of one piggy looking in a mirror?!

ilumiari

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:17 am

Definitely two little piggies, although when I showed Sooty a mirror last week he did seem very impressed. Maybe I'll see if I can get one for the cage.

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:46 am

Well if his entire reality is himself and Smudge, and you show him a mirror, he probably can't help but think you've found a third one!!

191 posts